Us3

Us3

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Star Is Born!

Well, I am finally here to update you all and introduce you to Anderson James Lewicki. I will update with pictures when we get home as I forgot the stupid camera cable!

Here's the story...

As you can read below, I was all happy happy at 10CM dilated this morning, but man did that change! The nurse came to tell me it was time to push so she showed me "how" to push. I didn't feel very confident with it, so we tried some practice ones. Really uncomfortable and felt soooo unnatural to me. Anyway, we tried. We weren't getting anywhere so she said we can wait for a while so that my uterus could work more in our favor.

She came back shortly and I was certainly feeling the contractions and when to push- it wasn't terribly painful at this point cause of the drugs, however, 2 hours into it and pushing every 3 minutes, 3 pushes at a time - I got EXHAUSTED. Throughout this entire time, Jason was insanely wonderful. Best I could ask for. Constantly pulling back my legs or getting me ice chips, or a wet towel, or telling me how great I was doing- I didn't feel like I was doing great, but whatever.

After hour 2, I'm beyond tired and the doc comes in and tells me that they don't really want me to push too much more than 3 hours with these meds, so try for another hour and then we'll see about using forceps or the vacuum. SCARY, but better than a C-sec I thought. At this point I was literally crying- not out of pain so much but out of exhaustion and I was BEGGING for some nutrition. I started thinking about orange juice or apple juice and literally balling. Looking back, it's pretty funny I was crying about OJ! But I hadn't eaten in 30 hours!

So, were into hour 3 of constant pushing, I want to die (I actually tell Jason to kill me) and the doc tells me the AJ is sunny side up- facing my stomach, not my back as he should be. So (sorry for the graphics) he literally TURNED THIS CHILD AROUND- oh my God that was about it for me. I don't think there is a worse pain...I was screaming. Holy pain! However, this was really good cause this allowed AJ to get into the right position. The doc then called in the drug doc and he gave me more epidural (I don't know when it actually wore off, but somewhere in hour 2 or so...) So, they gave me that and it was helpful but didn't take the pain away entirely. Then, doc busts out the vacuum and I was scared to death. All I could think about was pain! There was still serious pain, but 4 contractions later (felt like an eternity) I saw AJ's head. It was seriously surreal. I was literally thinking- who is this?? Is he mine? Nah, it can't really be OUR child right??? CRAZY!

So when he was out, they placed him straight on my chest and he cried a little (so we know he was breathing) but he seemed really content to meet us. He has this incredible hair- the best Mohawk ever! He weighed in at 7lbs, 5.5 ounces and is 19.5 inches. Had I not seen him come out, I wouldn't think he was mine as he looks like Jason I think- nothing like me except his nail beds- hah

That is all for now. We haven't been told when we'll be home- tomorrow or Sunday. I hope to get some sleep tonight- we'll see how that goes.

Thank you SO VERY much for every one's calls, texts, comments on the blog and everything else. It's wonderful to know how much support and love we have!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Kate....we are so proud of you! You did a great job and now you both have your little one to love and snuggle with and get to know. I pray little AJ is the baby his daddy was. It will be so easy and wonderful for you. JT was a loving, content and easy going baby...which was a good thing because HIS mommy was a goofball and half the time didn't know what to do! heehee

Congratulations to you both. We wish you all the best but ESPECIALLY a good night's sleep tonight!

By the way...whatever you tried to send to my phone failed...bummer!

*hugs*
"Oma and Poppa"

Ron said...

Kate and JT

I am sooooo happy for you both. I wish Donna and I could be there to share in your joy. I know little AJ will bring you both more happiness than you can possibly imagine.

I am anxious for the day when I can hold him my arms and tell him computer history fairy tales.

Love Ron

Unknown said...

Ya' done good! I got the beautiful picture - what a great looking kid! You three exemplify what a family is all about. Rest awhile. Give us an update tomorrow.

Oh, AJ - Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Granpa Lew...

The High Family said...

Congrats Kate! AJ is absolutely adorable! I am glad that the birth went well. Remember to rest as much as you can at the hospital and allow the nurses to help as much as possible. It's a whole different story when you get home!

I am so happy for you and your family....enjoy him! Boys are such a joy! :)

Jenni said...

sorry I'm just now getting on here today. ughhh my little one has been a tad bit cranky the past few days and seems like when ever I get on the computer to try to check other blogs, it lasts about 2 min and I have to go feed him again or help him stop fussing.

But ANYWAY this is about you not me here. LOL YAY I'm so excited for you!!!! I loved your blogs about everything happening and phew I'm glad you didn't have to have a Csection afterall. Congratulations Kate!! You did aweome -- can't belive you pushed for 2 hours straight and went wthout food for 30 hours but WOW!

Sally said...

When did you have time to write this? Amazing!