A few weeks ago AJ and I were at the pool hanging out and a nice gal came up to me and said, "Wow, he's one BIG boy!" and we've been friends ever since :) Ki & I sat and talked for a while about our kids- she has a 1 year old boy named Dax- and found that we really have a lot in common! We both stay home with our boys, both enjoy working out and are always looking for new things to do. Today we went to Monkey Bizness. AJ & Dax are becoming good friends!
The other day someone asked me how old AJ was when he started sitting up. Well, I couldn't even remember! How bad is that??? I think I just move on from one milestone to another and can't keep all the dates in my head. I went back thru the blog and got all the dates. I love this blog! It's my baby book!
First time he had solid food: Oct 13, 2008 - Almost 4 months old First time he rolled over: Nov, 3 2008 - Just over 4 months old First time he sat up: Dec 7, 2008 - 5 1/2 months old First tooth: Dec 15, 2008 -Almost 6 months First time he (Army) crawled: Feb 3, 2008 -7 months old
It amazes me how brave AJ is and always has been. Here are a few things that make me think this:
* He will be sitting up and playing and then want to lay down, so he'll fall over - not so gracefully at this point- and he rarely cries. It doesn't bother him.
* While he's in the bath, he will sometimes fall over (I'm sitting RIGHT there watching his every move) and I'll quickly pick up back up and it doesn't faze him. He gets back to playing with his toys.
* He meets new people ALL the time- almost on a daily basis- and just smiles and "talks" to them.
* The dogs are constantly trying to lick him, or run around him, or bark at the door bell and he laughs at them!
* I took him to a new babysitter today for his first time so I could get a good work out in and while I was gone I was worried about how he'd do. 2 hours later, I came back to pick him up and she said he was GREAT! Never cried, played with other kids and just had a good time. This was SUCH great news as I plan to do this weekly.
I am not the type of mom who does a HUGE GASP every time AJ falls or bumps his head or COULD hurt himself. It's not that I don't care or am not paying attention, because I most certainly am, but I don't want AJ growing up thinking that just because he fell from sitting up onto carpet or because a kid crawled over him at a play group, that he's hurt. I know he's not hurt and if he is, I'm right there to comfort him and love him. I just want him to be a brave, tough boy and so far he is!
I'm soooo very proud of my happy and brave boy. He's just AMAZING!!!