Us3

Us3

Thursday, June 26, 2008

4:30pm Update

I wish I had more info, but it's slow moving here.... The doctor came in around 1ish to check me and kinda killed my mood- told me that he didn't think I was dilated after all, so we were back at square one. So, the nurse started the cervix medication. She'll come back at 5 to check to see if I'm progressing- if not, they'll do more cervix meds. I'm still not feeling any pain. I do feel some pressure and tightness, but it's hard to tell if that's contractions or my hunger pains.. I haven't eaten anything since 8am and that was a 1/2 bowl of Cheerios! Typically by now I'd have eaten a whole heck of a lot more. She told me that if by 5pm she didn't think he'd be coming in the next 8 hours, that I might be able to have dinner. Sort of a Catch 22 as I want to have him, but I'm STARVING!

The nurse told me again that this will be a long process and to have patience, so I'm not really thinking anythings going to happen today or tonight- HOPEFULLY by tomorrow tho..

We're just hanging out watching TV (nothing good on tho), reading books and screwing around online.

More later:)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Guys!

Just keep hanging in there (like you have a choice at this point, right?)....it will all start in a bit. I had a similar experience with my water breaking when I was pregnant with JT....kept thinking I'd peed the bed and then my pants! It happened to be the day of my doctor's appointment so we went in, he said "Yup! Your water is leaking; let's get you admitted." It was another 8 hours or so before I felt any kind of real contractions and he wasn't born until 3:17am the next morning....about 16 hours after I got to the hospital.

You guys are in our prayers and we know it will all happen soon (maybe not as soon as you'd like...but eventually? heehee).

Keep the posts coming! We're all on pins and needles!

Love ya!
Mom