Us3

Us3

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last night was rough...

I was sitting on Anderson's rocker last night (or early this morning- who knows?) trying to feed him while he was completely fussy, thinking about this blog. Why you ask? Cause what else is there to do? All I wanted to do was sleep, but that wasn't happening. Here's a recap of my night (as closely as I can remember, because once again I've lost my mind)

9pm- I leave a sleeping baby with Jason who's watching TV with his dad, so I can get some sleep

10:30- Jason comes up to bed with Anderson who's not taking his bottle (this has become a nightly routine) and needs to be fed again. Keep in mind I'm in a nice deep sleep so I'm not thrilled by this, but I understand

11pm- I put AJ into his bassinet- he's sleeping finally

1am- Fussy baby- Mommy wakes up, Jason is sound asleep

1:30am- But AJ back in bassinet

1:35am- Get AJ out of bassinet and bring him to bed as he's too fussy to listen to and I THINK this may get me some sleep

3am- Anderson wakes up again- can he seriously eat this much??? Then he goes back to sleep in my bed

4:15am- He's awake AGAIN! Not only is he awake, he's grunting, making loud noises (always seems so much louder at this hour). I take him to the nursery, change him, feed him on the rocker (feels like I'm feeding a Hoover Vacuum!), then take him to my bed again. He starts kicking me in my stomach, punching me in the face, scratching my chest with his LONG ASS nails (I swear I cut them every 2 days- I need to file them tho) and I'm about to freak out. Then he pukes all down my shirt into my bra and as I'm cleaning it up, Harley comes into the nursery and pukes on the carpet! WTH??? So, I take the baby downstairs thinking he may like his bouncy- nope- didn't like that at all.

5:15am- I put him in his bassinet- I let him cry cause I can't deal with it anymore. I HOPE it wakes Jason up- BINGO- it does! I tell Jason "I can't do it anymore right now" so he gets up with AJ and takes him out of the room. I finally fall asleep listening to him cry in the other room with Jason.

6:30- I hear him crying in the bassinet. I'm up for the day.

It's a REALLY good thing he is cute! :)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Um, okay we must have the same baby. The scratching thing...Preston does that too. I swear he has nightmares while he's feeding or something and out comes the scratching, hitting, fussing. I will take him off and he just looks around like "What mom?" as if it never happened LOL.

Sorry you didn't get much rest. At least he wore himself out and will make up for it later. :)

The High Family said...

Girls- we have triplets! LOL

Kara is part of the group!

Kate- I am sooo sorry about your night, but I couldn't help but chuckle reading your play by play! Only reason I laughed is because I feel your pain and know what you are going through. I hate when Chris won't get up right away on the weekends! Geez...only 2 out of 7 days and he pretends he doesn't here her??

So true about the nails, I feel like I clip them EVERYDAY! She too loves to scratch and pinch, argh!

I've found that when I have a bad night with Kara, the next night is better. So hopefully tonight you get some much needed sleep! :)

Are you staying home or going back to work?

Donna said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm laughing so much, there are tears rolling down my face! You HAVE to seriously consider publishing all of this as a "so you think you want to have a baby?" book!

It's gets better...give it a couple dozen years! heehee

love ya!