Us3

Us3

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weight Watchers

WW

I decided today to join Weight Watchers. The reason is that I've lost all but 2 pounds of my baby weight, but the last few pounds isn't coming off. It could be that I can eat a whole box of Graham Crackers or Wheat Thins in one sitting- I don't know? Not to mention my clothes do NOT fit like they used to. I'm wearing clothes 2 sizes bigge- not happy about that! So, I've officially joined their online program (no meetings for me) I know 2 lbs isn't anything, but I actually want to lose about 15lbs total. The great thing is I can eat a TON of points since I'm nursing! YA ME! And once I lose the weight, I am gonna SHOP TILL I DROP!

The reason I'm even writing this is that I think if everyone who reads my blog knows about it, I may get people asking me how it's going, which in turn will motivate me. Unless I quit and then I'll be pissed that people are still asking :) hahha! I'm delirious, can ya tell?

5 comments:

The High Family said...

GO KATE!

Though you are almost down to pre-preggo weight, your body is just not the same. I found that my shirts were too short?! weird, huh? and my pants fit but were snug...I think it's something to do with our hips/body parts stretching to birth the babies. It just takes some time to adjust back....so don't get frustrated if it takes a little while to get back into those skinny jeans! ;)

Did you join the WW girls on the WTE forum? I was thinking about doing it but didn't sign up yet....

Good Luck and I promise to cheer you on to weight loss victory! :)

The High Family said...

PS- you commented about eating a box of wheat thins on my blog and it totally reminded me that I would eat an entire box of fig newtons when I was nursing Ryan!!

I know better this time around and I make sure I portion control my snacks! LOL

Donna said...

Congratulations! I know you'll do GREAT!

Just remember...it's gonna take your body a while to "recover" from all that it's been through over the 9 months of pregnancy and the seemingly never-ending hours of labor. Your bones actually SHIFTED and had to move to make room for that not so tiny head to make it's way into the world. Speaking from a physiological point, those bones are gonna take a while to shift BACK into their old shape so even if you lost all of your pregnancy weight, your hips would still be a bit larger for a while.

So don't despair...you'll see those skinny clothes soon...just be patient and good luck with WW!

Jenni said...

My shirts are too short too! I think it is thanks to big boobs. lol.

You go girl - with the WW thing. I will ask you how its going if you ask me too. I'm not doing WW but I am trying to lose weight too.

We can do it!

Nikki said...

Good luck with the WW thing! I did it while I was breastfeeding my first and I loved it! It made me more aware of what I was eating and I felt so healthy, it's really a great program.

I saw your blog through Jenni's, hope you don't mind if I check it out.