Us3

Us3

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Time to start some new things...

I've decided we need to make a few adjustments with Anderson in order to eventually get him sleeping thru the night and not in my bed. I'm also working towards leaving him with a babysitter at some point so we need to get him used to a bottle.

I figured why not start him napping a few times a day in his crib! He's never even seen it until today. So I fed him and then put him in (he looks so small in there!) and he was asleep in it for a few minutes while I showered- but woke himself up and was SCREAMING. I got him out and then tried again for his next nap. This time he was probably in there for 30 minutes or so. It's a start!
Photobucket

The next thing we need to do is getting him used to taking a bottle. We originally had Avent bottles, but Anderson has never been a big fan of them. He was taking a bottle from my mom while she was here, but then really hasn't like them since. So, yesterday I went and bought 4 different types of bottles ( I am amazed at how many there are to choose from!) I decided he's going to do one bottle during the day and one at night. We started out using the Playtex Drop In's and so far that's the one he'll take... To be continued I'm sure.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey I use the Playtex Drop-ins too. They seem to be his favorite. I also tried one of the Playtex Vent ones (supposed to reduce the amount of air he takes in), but he doesn't like that one too well. LOL

Its been a process trying to get Preston to take a bottle. Its like he has to be so desperately hungry to take it. HAha. I start teaching piano again in a few weeks, so I need him to take a bottle!

The High Family said...

Good Luck with the bottle dilema! Ryan took the avent bottles with no problems. I didn't start the bottle until 2 months though...

I hope Kara takes that bottle because we have sooo many of them!

As for the nap/sleep issue, did you consider a sleep positioner? We have one and both Ryan & Kara have never given us trouble about sleeping in the bassanet or crib. I think it helps keep them snug and I love that it helps them sleep on their side. Kara is now up to 5 hours sleep at night! I feed her around 11 or 12am and she will not get up until 4 or 5am!! I've had 4 nights straight of this so far! Crossing my fingers it lasts.

GOOD LUCK!
**sorry for the misspellings...my brain is gone!**

Kate said...

I am SOOO getting a sleep positioner tomorrow! I will try ANYTHING at this point! THANK YOU!!