Us3

Us3

Monday, June 2, 2008

Recap of the last 37 weeks

Well, I figure since I'm starting this blog at 37 weeks pregnant it wouldn't hurt to do a recap of how this all began!

Jason and I decided in January 07 to start "trying" to get pregnant. So after 15 years on the pill, I decided to go off it. I didn't realize it for a while, but my cycle had been really messed up because of the pill and it was at 50 days- making it that much more difficult to figure out "when" I could get pregnant. But... with the help of an ovulation monitor (Thank you Holly!) I was able to get pregnant in April 07. I was just over the moon- so incredibly excited. I decided I didn't want to tell my family until I saw them in person, but sadly just before my 1st OB appt (and a few days before I was to see my family) I had a miscarriage. I was probably about 6-7 weeks pregnant at the time and there was no reason I miscarried as far as the doctor could tell- it just wasn't meant to be. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life emotionally. Just terrible. But... life goes on...

So, we tried again. Because of the monitor, it didn't take as long this time and in late September it said it was "go time" and low and behold- I got pregnant! YAH!!! It was terrifying obviously because of what I'd just been thru, but we were thrilled none the less. Quickly I realized that this was a different pregnancy- I had symptoms and signs I hadn't had before. I was TIRED and SICK and MISERABLE and all that fun stuff. I thought for sure I'd be the only person on earth who had morning sickness for my ENTIRE life, not just the 1st trimester. I had just started a new job and they expected me to show up?? And do work? And learn this new job?? haha! Ya, that was tough. So, I put in the best 1/2 day I could, came home and was asleep many times by 7pm. Woke up the next day and was just as exhausted as the night before. Luckily, once the 1st trimester was over, I was feeling much better and wasn't sick anymore.

We weren't going to be able to find out the sex of our baby until my 20 week appt- that's how my doc does it- but I was going to see my family in California when I was 18 weeks so I wanted to know so I could tell them in person. I made an appt with a local place where they do 2D, 3D and 4D ultrasounds so we could find out the sex. At 16 weeks, we found out that we were having a BOY! To be completely honest, I was secretly hoping for a girl- I told myself it didn't matter, but once I saw proof of a boy, I was a little sad.... It only took a day or so and I realized how happy I was to be having a boy after all! I was just so happy to have a healthy baby (I know everyone says that, but they do mean it!) and as time went on I realized that yes they DO make cute boy clothes! (Even tho boys only get 1/3 of the store and girls get the rest)

There was little talk of baby names since we'd pretty much already decided. Somehow Jason got to pick the boy name and I got the girl name. Had he been a girl, she would have been Julia Claire Lewicki, but... since he's a boy, we happily named him ANDERSON JAMES LEWICKI! Anderson is after Jason's grandfather and James is after my grandfather and father. I call him AJ for now, but we'll see what he's called when he's born. Other nick names so far are.. "the baby", "little bird" and any other crazy name I can come up with.

We went to my doc for the 20 week US and they checked all his parts to be sure he was healthy and he was of course- he was moving around like a mad man! The tech was laughing cause he was so crazy! (Let's hope this isn't an indication of how he'll be outside the womb!)

I'm not totally sure when I first started feeling AJ kick- (bad mommy for not writing this down!) but I want to say it was near the 25 week mark. They say it feels like gas at first and it's so true! It's like gas that you don't need to let out! haha- sorry TMI... I kept waiting for Jason to be able to feel him kick but that took some time. Jason wasn't terribly patient and AJ wouldn't kick on demand- back then... Now, this child kicks like he's trying to get out! He's all over the place!

Around 28 weeks, I was tested for gestational diabetes, which thankfully was negative. All my tests have been very normal. Also, I was able to stick to a 12lb weight gain for MANY weeks which thrilled me! My biggest concern (besides AJ's health of course) was weight gain. I've always been like that so it's no big surprise. Funny how I was so worried about weight gain, but not worried enough to work out during my pregnancy and not worried enough to not eat a bunch of crap all day every day! I am now up to 20lbs and hoping to not pass 25. We'll see! Jason made fun of me cause for months all I would eat was mac n cheese or bagel sandwiches or toast... I didn't eat "meals" for months! Finally I'm back to eating like a somewhat normal person... Poor Jason had to be on his own for many meals.

Starting my weekly appts at 35 weeks has been interesting.. I feel like I'm at the hospital all the time (where my doc is) and I guess I am. So far, at 36 weeks I'm not dilated- probably a good thing at this point.

We've taken all but one of our classes. We took Childbirth Express which was informative, but BORING! haha- We ditched half way through. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me during labor! Then we took Baby Safety which was good, but we think the lady tried to scare the crap out of us- needless to say, I returned many things to Babies R Us that weren't "safe" she said... I am planning to breastfeed so I have that class coming up this weekend- I don't' quite know how it'll take 3 hours, but they say it will?? We'll see. I'm going to do my best to pay attention cause this is very important to me. I really think breastfeeding is the best for the baby, but selfishly I'm really hoping that I lose weight QUICKLY because of it.

Some things that I'm concerned or thinking about for the future are:

How the dogs will do not being the center of attention
Getting sleep!
Having a life with my husband again...
Working out and losing weight (quickly I hope!)
Our financial future with me not working

No comments: