Us3

Us3

Monday, June 2, 2008

37 weeks 2 Days- ready for baby!

Well, I really wish I had started this blog when I first found out I was pregnant, but seeing as though I couldn't keep my eyes open and was feeling so crappy- I never did... So, I figure it's a good time to start. I'm just about to have this baby- sooner rather than later lets hope- and I want all of our friends and family to be able to have updates on Baby AJ's birth and all the "firsts" that we go thru. I will learn to upload photos on here too so everyone can see the little man.

Jason and I are feeling as ready as we can be to have the baby. I'm working my last week at Hewlett Packard- feeling like this could be the longest week of my life- but we'll see! I'm feeling exhausted, VERY big, it's hard to walk, I'm constantly getting kicked, my ribs are sore and all that fun stuff, but it's still very exciting! The nursery is all set up (thank you Mom), his clothes are washed, we borrowed the bassinette from Heather and Dominic and and will be putting the car seat in the car in the next day or two. I put together the bouncer yesterday- it's SO CUTE and I'm sure it'll get used a lot! We're all set with the dogs- our neighbors are kind enough to take them to Camp Bow Wow once we give them the green light that it's time. Everyone has just been so incredibly generous and helpful- we've got amazing support.

This weekend we had what might be out last horray for a while with our friends. Had a great spa day to celebrate my birthday - got a fantastic facial!- and then just hung out and made dinner together. I am SO lucky to have such wonderful friends. I remind myself of that daily.

I am sending Jason away for a guys weekend next weekend to celebrate his first Fathers Day. They'll fish and golf and do whatever guys do (I'm sure the Wii and Jack Daniels will be involved)Just need to keep this kid in until Sunday and then I'm good to go anytime!

I've TRIED to not think about actual labor because I keep telling myself "he's coming out one way or another" so there is no reason to stress about it, however, the closer it gets the more scared I am... I just remind myself that women have been doing this for YEARS and so I can do this! I had another "holy crap" moment this weekend when we went for our hospital tour. It was great and I got a lot of information and questions answered, but when they showed us the labor room and the bed had stirups and so many other gadgets, it scared the hell outta me!

19 Days!!!!

No comments: