Us3

Us3

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A HUGE Milestone!!

He did it! He did it!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!! Anderson slept in his crib the ENTIRE night and only woke up ONE TIME!!! I am THRILLED and sooo proud!

Yesterday, I decided that since we weren't having company anymore that it was time to get Anderson on a better sleeping schedule. For the past 2 weeks he would start out in his crib (or Pack N Play when we were in California) and then around 2am, he would wake up and wouldn't go back in. I was too exhausted to keep trying or else we had company I didn't want him to wake them. So, we both would sleep on the couch. It worked out ok as most nights I was able to sleep; but I knew this couldn't last. So, for his nap yesterday I decided he was going to have to cry it out. It wasn't as hard for me as I thought to let him do this because it was day time and I knew he was fed and clean. Plus, it helped that I vacuumed so I didn't have to hear it!

12 minutes later- he was zonked! YAH!!!!

So, last night, I fed him at 11 (he'd already been sleeping but we were at friends) and put him in his crib. He didn't wake up until 4:45am!!! That's his longest stretch ever! At 5:30am he went back to his crib and did a LITTLE fussing, but he fell back to sleep! Here's the strangest part...it's 7:45am right now and he is STILL ASLEEP!! The entire house is awake EXCEPT Anderson??? Jason and I have checked on him about 10 times in the past 10 minutes because we keep thinking something is wrong?? Of course he's fine.

Lastly- somehow he ended up sleeping on his stomach- I didn't put him that way, but at 7am when I checked on him, he was like that...Maybe that's what he likes???

Oh, what a day!! :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh....my....gosh!!!!!!!! That is HUGE!! After weeks and weeks of you not getting much sleep because he's up so much during the night, WOW. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

I think it must be around this age or something, because both Bobbi and I have noticed that our little ones have started sleeping longer too. Bobbi said Kara slept 8 hours the other night. And all week long Preston has been sleeping through the night! (by sleeping through the night, I mean he goes to bed at 10pm and doesn't wake up until 5 or 6 am).

He ended up on his belly? Wow! I wonder if he rolled himself over! LOL That would be crazy. He rolled over for the first time and you totally missed it cuz you were both asleep. :)

The Moskal Family said...

Well there is a light at the end of the tunnel, because Owen is 4 months old and he sleeps from 10-8! So it won't be long now for your little one!