Us3

Us3

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pop & Grammy Cory Are Here!

My Dad and Cory came to visit yesterday and will stay with us for about a week. It's a very exciting time as my dad has been waiting a LONG time to be a "Pop". It's been so hard for he and Cory to know that Anderson was born and not to be able to meet him in person. But the time has finally arrived and they are both in LOVE with him (even at 5 o'clock!) It's adorable to see my dad hold him and talk to him. They already have plans for Anderson to come stay with them for a week here or there when he gets a bit older so they can teach him about gardening and mowing and to play in the veg garden.

Last night like clockwork, Anderson started his crying fit at dinner time and we talked about how it's so hard to listen to him but at the same time, he can feel my anxiety and so it's harder for him to calm down. Jason, who's always calm, can come over and pick him up and he calms down instantly. He's got the touch! I suppose we each have our thing- I can feed him and he can calm him down. We both feel useful :)

We don't have too many plans while Dad and Cory are here; just hanging out with the baby and working in the yard. Each time they come to visit they do so much work around our yard. They dig up dead plants, pull weeds, fertilize, install hose reels, fix sprinklers and repot things that I killed. I must say I get a lot of compliments about our yard from the neighbors and it's ALL them!

On another note, I am officially one pound LESS than what I was before I got pregnant- YAH!!! I love Weight Watchers :) Only have about 11 pounds to go!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Awe! Yay for family! And congrats on losing ANOTHER freaking pound! Can you tell I'm jealous LOL? I'm still stuck at my 20 pound mark.

The High Family said...

I second Jenni-

Yay for family and Congrats on the weightloss! (man am I jealous too- you are one of the lucky ones that shed it quickly!)

I hope you have a great time visiting with Pop & Grammy! :)

Cupcake Dreamer said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your family. That will be nice to have visitors that can help you.

I wish I was as motivated as you and have lost my pregnancy weight.