Us3

Us3

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nursing and running don't mix..

Today I decided it was time to test out my running skills. It's been probably 10+ months since I've gone for a run and even then I never considered myself a "runner"; I just do it to try to keep in shape.

Well, I made sure to pump before I left the house, but I learned that well... 2 sports bras aren't enough! OUCH!!! I need to get a more supportive bra for the future. I was only able to jog about half a mile or so as my entire body was hurting! My lungs, my legs, my abs, my back- it was sad, but I was happy to at least get out there. I know it's going to take a long time to get back at it and run 4-5 miles as I used to, so I'm being kind to myself and am proud to get out. Mentally I felt great the rest of the day.

I am now officially at my exact pre-pregnancy weight (even after all that fondue!) - YAH!!! I am loving Weight Watchers- I eat and I eat a lot, but I just make sure to eat a lot of low point foods like fruit and fat free pudding and eating smaller portions of other things. It's obviously workin!

2 comments:

The High Family said...

OUCH!

Never tried it and now I know NOT to do it in the future! LOL

Guess I will stick with walking. :)

Jenni said...

So...you'll have to let me know if you find a decent sports bra. I haven't ran yet, just been walking, but still I feel like I"m bouncing all over the place. I went and bought a new sports bra, but still.....its not doing the trick!