Us3

Us3

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I... NEED... SLEEP....

People kept telling me to sleep when the baby sleeps; that lack of sleep is going to catch up to me. And as usual, I figured this wouldn't happen to me! Well, I realized this morning around 4am, that it's happening. I'm seriously more tired that I think I've ever been. I do get sleep most nights- probably even 6-7 hours or so- but it's never consistent or 6-7 hours in a row and it's not good sleep because I'm just waiting to be woken up.

Last night started out as a "good" night- Anderson slept well for Jason until about 10:30 (I could be wrong on times as I've pretty much lost my mind) and then Jason brought him upstairs and he fell asleep in the bassinet. I think Anderson woke up at 1am, then at 3am or so, and then again at 4am. This time he was WIDE awake and ready to rock and roll (or whatever you do at 2 1/2 weeks old) Well, Mama was NOT thrilled by this. Had he been old enough for a lecture, I surely would have given him one. So... I fed him, rocked him, changed him and did all the things I do 3-4 times a night and assumed he'd go back to sleep. No suck luck. 6am rolled around and we were STILL awake! By this time, I'm crying because I'm just so tired! Finally Jason wakes up and I decide to put AJ back in his bed- only to have him PUKE all over me, himself and his bed. And this wasn't just a little puke- this was ALL the food he'd just eaten in the past 2 hours. What does this mean?? It's time to feed again! UGH!!

Thankfully, Jason took Anderson downstairs and I don't know what he did- All I know is that I was able to go back to bed until about 8am when Jason needed to get ready for work. It was only about 90 minutes of sleep, but hey, it's something!

I better get some SERIOUSLY good Mothers Day cards from this child in the future!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Still enjoying all you news. My folks were excited any very appreciative of the photo of Anderson that you sent them. It's been tough on them as everyone has gone his own way. They still remember the time they spent with Jason and his sisters when they were very young, and the memories are all good -

Get some rest! How easy is that to say!

Paul

Anonymous said...

You seriously crack me up!! Let me have AJ for a few days.. I'll show him whats up! heehee.. hang in there.. like that country song goes "you're going to miss this" :) (ok well maybe not the puking and not sleeping part) hahaha

The High Family said...

I know how you feel. I've been lucky the last few days because Kara is actually sleeping until 5 or 6am! I don't know why but I am not complaining! I can't tell you how many times I was up all night crying along with her! One night by 5am, I actually (after being up 4 hours straight!) put her in the car and drover her around. It worked! BUT with gas prices lately, that will be a trick for extreme cases! LOL

Just remember to get Jason to give you plenty of naps over the weekend to catch up with your ZZZs!