Us3

Us3

Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Visit to a Restaurant

Today was Anderson's first time going out to a real restaurant. He's been out for a quick meal one time with my mom, but not a place where you actually have to wait for your food, and then wait for the check, etc...

I met my friends from work today at Cafe Luxe near the mall and I was a little worried about it for the past 2 days- wondering how he would be. Would be be just fine up until we ordered and then I would have to go out to the car and feed him for 20 minutes while they enjoyed their meal? Would he be ok until we sat down and then FREAK out! It didn't help that I hadn't been to this place before so I had no idea if it was loud or not. Turns out he was great! The place was amazing- excellent food and service- and it was loud which made me feel better. Plus, the gals I was with were super helpful and understanding so I felt more confident! We were able to enjoy our food uninterrupted as AJ slept until just when the check arrived. Then he finally started fussing. I was smart and brought a bottle so that held him over until we paid and then I just took him into a family bathroom and fed and changed him. I was SO proud and relieved!

On another good note, I'm feeling MUCH better about letting other people hold him and I'm not so freaked or emotional about it as I was a few weeks back. So long as I know and trust the person, I'm really ok giving him up for a few minutes. It could be that I hold him ALL day and am happy to have a small break.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna said...

Isn't it amazing how this little bundle of milk and wet diapers has such control and command over your lives? It's good that Anderson cooperated and allowed you to enjoy a meal and some precious time with friends. You need those moments...it's what will get you through those long nights and endless diaper changes!

You guys are doing GREAT! And Anderson looks so healthy and happy!

Love you to all.

The High Family said...

First I have to say, my son has that same pouty bottom lip!! You will be amazed how they use that lip in the future...even his teachers can't resist the bottom lip pout! LOL

Way to go AJ! Isn't it amazing how well behaved they seem to be when you think they are going to be horrible?? I swear Kara will sleep through shopping trips, family picnics, etc. - it's nice to have that break once and a while! :)

Cupcake Dreamer said...

Great job! I did this with the first time with my mother and husband a week ago and was nervous the whole time, but the baby slept right through it. I'm going to try to do it more to feel more comfortable with the situation. As long as we have a backup plan for what to do when they fuss, it should all workout.. in theory anyways. Great job!