Us3

Us3

Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday!

3 weeks that is! Part of me cannot believe it's been 3 weeks since having Anderson. He seems to be a perfect fit into our lives; we have been enjoying every minute with him (well, most anyway- the 2am freak outs aren't terribly fun) and he seems pretty good at going along with our lives too. Then, the other part of me feels like he has been with us so much longer than 3 weeks. He's gained almost 2 pounds and you can see it with the chub on his arms and legs; he is finally outgrowing most of his newborn clothes which is great because we have a TON of 0-3 and 3-6 month outfits!

Things that used to be really hard to do are getting easier; he's enjoying his baths, not hating his diaper changes as much and we MAY have figured out how to get a little more sleep- he cuddles with me all night in bed. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself)

We have also found some kind of routine..sorta.. He wakes up around 7:30am and is ready for the day. Eats and then lets me shower (however not always dry my hair) as he stares at the ceiling fan and then he naps for a few hours while I get a few things done around the house or walk the dogs with him in tow. Then we run a few errands- we're regulars at Target these days- and then by about dinner time he pretends to sleep until just when the food is served and he's awake and pissed off until maybe 10pm when he falls asleep. This is our life right now.

I keep thinking any day now we're going to see a real smile, but we still just see gassy smiles- I love them anyway. He is really responding when we talk to him and we are so pleased at how strong he is! He's holding his head up longer and longer each day.

I realized about an hour ago that it's a little strange to be sitting around on a Friday night not doing anything. I guess we really haven't done a whole lot on weekend nights in a while but it just seems strange - like this is our new life for a long time. I guess it's ok though since it's 8:30pm and I'm ready for bed!

2 comments:

The High Family said...

Happy 3 weeks AJ! You keep getting cuter and cuter as the weeks go by! Your mommy and daddy are doing a great job taking care of you and you are loved so very much! :)

One more week and you hit the big 1 month!!!

Jenni said...

Your boy's daily schedule sounds a lot like Prestons!! Even down to the showering bit and not getting to dry your hair! LOL how funny.