Us3

Us3

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is It Time for Bed Already??

Ok, how do I explain this one.... AJ is SUCH a good baby boy. He's happy, fun, playful, constantly learning new things and just a total JOY to be around. Of course there are moments and sometimes even days, when he's not so happy, but for the most part, he's just fantastic! And so, come 7:30pm or so, when it's time for him to go to bed, I get sad...I don't want to put him down. Well, that's not entirely true. By 7:30pm, I'm exhausted and want to lay on the couch and not have to think- but putting him to bed- the actual act of walking him upstairs and laying him down and saying "nite, nite" has gotten tougher and tougher...for me! He does just fine; lays there and gets in a comfy position for a few minutes and passes out, but he's so entertaining to me that I'd like to keep him up all night (if he stayed in a good mood) just to watch him play and listen to him talk and try new things. He's just plain fun!

I got a great video today of him showing off most of his talents :) He waves, does his version of blowing kisses (which consists of MUUUAAAHH sounds-without the actual act of blowing), gets on and off his car, gives me love, does his play "nite nite" and so much more... I will post it tomorrow I hope- when Jason gets back from his camping trip and can work on getting my computer back to normal.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Kate, are we soul sisters? LOL Your hubby is on a camping trip right now too??? hahaha how did I not know this?

So it sounds like you finally trained AJ to put himself to sleep! I'm soooo jealous! I still rock Preston to sleep every night. It takes anywhere from 20 min on a good day, to 45 - 90 min on bad days. BUT I can't complain because 6 out of 7 days a week now he will sleep through the night. So I'm grateful for that.