Us3

Us3

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Anderson!!

Today is Anderson's first week birthday and my he's growing and changing all the time! He's found his fingers and thumb and sucks them a lot; he's started to tolerate diaper changes (sometimes!) and I think he's recognizing my voice which is awesome. I seriously cannot believe that it was a week ago that I had him!

We had a really nice 4th of July today. Jason, Anderson, my mom and I walked down to the local park this afternoon where there was a big 4th of July parade- all the kids had their bikes decorated and did this little bike ride. There was a bouncy thing, pie eating contests, face painting, hot dogs and chips and all kinds of fun kid stuff. It was HOT, but it was really nice. We saw some neighbors and friends there. Then came home and all took a nice nap on the couch and watched tennis. Very relaxing. Tonight we went to Holly & Joel's for a great BBQ and fireworks with them and Heather & Dom and kids. It's sooooo wonderful to be around them as I'm 200% comfortable having them help me with AJ and getting advice from them.

We've been taking pictures all day of the baby and trying to find the perfect one for his announcement. I'm sure we'll be working on those soon.

Off to bed- pray for sleep :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna said...

I LOVE this picture of AJ...a half a dozen different captions come to mind...too cute!

Glad you all are settling in and establishing a routine (well, sorta, right?). Just when you think you have his routine down...he'll up and change it on you...babies have a way of keeping mommies and daddies on their toes! But with a cutie like AJ...it's all worth it!

Give him a big hug from his Oma and tell him Oma has some really special things for him!

Love ya all!