Us3

Us3

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grandmas First Visit

Today my mom arrived for her first visit with Anderson and as expected, her heart melted when she saw him for the in the airport. She's been enjoying holding him, and snuggling with him and just listening to him breathe and squeak. It's so cute to see her with her first grandchild- it's obvious she loves him so much already. My mom will be here for a week and although we don't have too many plans yet, I'm sure it's going to be a great trip. We're going to work on Anderson's birth announcements and probably take the poor neglected dogs for some walks. I'm sure we'll fit in a much needed mani/pedi too! She's happily making us dinners and waiting on me hand and foot. Now I just need to find a bell to ring when I need something :)

The past few nights have been tough- I'm going on very little sleep. AJ likes to sleep but only for about 90 min stretches now. I'm trying to keep positive about it, but I'm pretty much exhausted. I'm starting to dread night time.

I've also become quite emotional lately- I really hope this doesn't last too long. I'm having a hard time letting other people hold Anderson and just THINKING about leaving him (even to go to the store) breaks my heart and I know it's something I have got to do. I keep telling myself that he's only a week old so it'll get better. It's not that I think I'm the only one who can take care of him, I just miss him so much it kills me. I honestly never thought I could love someone this much. *tear*

Moving on... Anderson has found his fingers and loves to suck on them. Jason fed him his first bottle last night as I tried to get some sleep. I really love nursing him, but I also want Jason to be involved and have a chance to really bond with him. I think AJ has started to recognize my voice which is great. He's also started smiling a lot- I realize it's probably gas, but it's super cute!

Looking forward to a nice 4th of July weekend with my mom and our friends. I'm sure it's going to be a good one!

Happy 4th Everyone!

1 comment:

Grammy Cory said...

Dear sweet Kate-
You are an awesome mommy. If you didn't have those protective, connected feelings, you wouldn't be normal.
You have reached the stage of "day of the living dead". I'm so glad your mom is there to help you out (lucky her!).
Anderson is such a beautiful baby boy and so lucky to have a mommy like you. Your dad and I are so proud of you!