Us3

Us3

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First doc appt and other things...

As I mentioned in my last post, today was AJ's first doctors appt. I was a little worried about taking him myself- my first time driving with him- as Jason had a work meeting, but it worked out just fine. I hadn't even THOUGHT about packing a diaper bag, but I was able to quickly pull it together before we left.

We headed out and he didn't make a peep in the car on the way. Got there and of course I forgot the insurance card, had a hard time carrying in the car seat, diaper bag, etc... but I figured it out. We got into the office and I think the poor receptionist could tell I was frazzled but was super nice and didn't have a problem with the lack of insurance card or anything. She was totally understanding, thankfully!

We got into our little room and the nurse measured him and took off his clothes (didn't make for a happy baby) and then we weighed him. He's now 20 inches and 7.6lbs! This was great news as he came home from the hospital weighing 6lbs 14oz. Obviously he's eating enough and I was pleased about this. The doctor came in and checked him out and said to keep up whatever we're doing cause he's of perfect health! Looks good, sounds good and all that. It was a great first visit.

So after dressing him back up, we headed to the mall- of course that would be his first venture out! I had to pick up just a few things and figured he'd be fine. Well he was...for a bit. I was in a store and all the sudden he starts crying! He never cries unless he's hungry or poopy. I figured he was hungry. So, I checked out of the store and wasn't quite sure where to take him to feed- I'm not comfortable feeding in public just yet- so I thought I could make it to the car. Not so much... He started WAILING! So, I got the Macy's (near my car) and was on the right floor for the bathroom and I tried like hell to run there but... well, I just gave birth 5 days ago and my body doesn't like walking too fast at this point. People we staring, smiling all the while I feel like the WORST MOM OF THE YEAR for starving my child! After what seemed like an eternity, I finally got to the Macy's bathroom and picked him up outta the stroller only to find a green stain on the car seat! Ya, he pooped... Not just a poop, but a BLOW OUT! So, I bust out the diaper bag again thankful that I'd packed it and even more thankful that I'd remembered to bring an extra outfit, and changed him quickly (while he's still SCREAMING) and then frantically fed him... Ahh, silence.... After that it was time to go home. We were both exhausted and I needed a break. It was a good outing and I definitely learned from it.

Now we're home and just chilling out. I think we'll all sleep well tonight. (fingers crossed!)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

LOL you are so funny. I'm totally loving your blog. Your story made me laugh - in my opinion (which doesn't count for much) you totally should not feel bad about your baby crying unless you are on an airplane. LOL That is my theory at least. And even then, you shouldn't feel bad. Anyway - hope you're having a great evening.

Donna said...

I'm SURE I have a similar picture of Jason (wide eyes!)!!! I'll have to dig it up and send it to you guys. It's amazing how much father and son look alike! I mean, there is SUPPOSED to be some resemblence but it's like I'm looking at JT all over again!

Hugs!
Mom

The High Family said...

AJ is soooo darn cute! Can't wait to see more pics and to hear about his firsts. :)

Were you able to get the Dex Products wiper warmer? If you did, I hope it helped!

Happy 4th of July!!