Us3

Us3

Monday, November 16, 2009

Update on the Sicky

Well, I guess I spoke too soon when I posted that AJ was on the mend yesterday. He woke up from his nap yesterday and was in a great mood! He still had tired eyes, but was happy and playing. So, we decided to get out of the house and get some lunch. You know how much I like to stay home all day!

We had a nice time at lunch, did a little shopping and then came home. AJ took another nap and then woke up...CRANKY!!!!!!!! I mean, SUPER cranky! Nothing would make him happy. He was super needy- crying, not eating or drinking and still very tired. I finally put him back down at 6:30pm. He woke up 3 times last night with that same, sad, painful cry. I decided to call the nurses line at our doctors office again this morning. When I explained how he was feeling again (this time his nose wasn't running and his fever was gone) she said to bring him in.

When we saw the doctor this morning, she was pretty puzzled by what I was telling her- especially since it's been going on SO LONG! She finally looked in his ear and saw it was a little infected, but when she looked in his throat she figured it all out. He's got a nasty throat infection! She even showed me and it looks so RED and painful! Poor guy! No wonder he's not happy, not eating and waking up in pain!

Thankfully, she gave us some antibiotics and sent us on our way. It so sad that AJ got his first bad infection, but I'm glad to finally KNOW what the problem is and hopefully he's on his way to being his happy self again!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Those nasty infections pop up pretty fast! Glad you got it checked and that he'll be feeling better soon!

Jenni said...

Glad you got the proper medication to help him get better. :) Let us know how he is!