Us3

Us3

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Imagination!

First- I want to report that AJ is feeling A LOT better- those antibiotics did the trick- thank goodness!

Now, to the post:

Oh my gosh, in the past few weeks I've really seen AJ's imagination come out! He is SUCH a boy! For example, today he was in the bath and I got him these new bath toys that he loves. They are Styrofoam type toys in the shapes of a car, train, motorcycle, truck, tractor and road. They stick to the side of the tub when they are wet. Well, today, I watched him pick up the truck and he was walking around the tub with the truck in his hand saying "vrrrooooom". He was driving the truck around the tub! It was adorable!

Also- this cracked me up today. He was at Miss Jamie's house today (my friend, his babysitter once a week) and I picked him up right before nap time. On the way home he was talking and then became quiet. I thought he'd fallen asleep as he sometimes does. Just as we pulled into the driveway, I hear him say "YEAH!!!!!" in this loud, excited voice. It was like YEAH we're home! Hahah! He cracks me up :)

I really cannot get over how much he's learning right now. My mom got him this great book that has REAL pictures of all kinds of things. He has probably figured out 40% of the entire book! He can point out the dog, baby, cat, bird, turtle, ball, socks, pants, shirt, elephant, clock, television, apple, tractor, truck, firetruck (to which he makes the sound), motorcycle, diaper and so much more! He's also at the point where I will show him a picture of the couch in the book and he'll point to our couch, or as he did today, I pointed to the elephant in the book and he walked over and picked up his toy elephant! SOOOO smart! I can't even describe how I feel when he gets something new- it's the most amazing feeling to see him learn!

No comments: