Us3

Us3

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sick Boy

Well, it was bound to happen.... AJ got his first fever yesterday. UGH! It makes me so sad to see him in such pain.

Yesterday he woke up pretty cranky and didn't want to eat breakfast. After taking Pop & Grammy Cory to the airport we came home and I noticed that AJ was burning up! I took his temperature and it was 101.9 so I called the doctor. They told me to give him Motrin and lots of fluids. He slept for a few hours and then woke up feeling and acting pretty good. So I thought maybe he was better. WRONG.... Around 5pm he started getting hot again and just acting like he didn't feel well. I gave him more Motrin and he hung out on my lap for about an hour watching TV. This is totally NOT normal for him. He never sits on my lap this long and is constantly moving. I hate to say it, but he was SUCH a sweet boy; very loving and cuddly- of course I'd rather he not be sick, but it was sweet.

At 6:30pm (an hour before his usual bedtime) he passed out. He didn't wake up again until 4am when I went in and gave him some water- which he drank SOOOO fast- and more Motrin. He was burning up again. He thanked my by letting me sleep in until 8am!

Today, he seems to still not be feeling well. He's still got a fever, but not as bad. Now it's 100.2.

Luckily, we'd already had AJ's 1 year wellness check up scheduled for today, so I told the doctor about all of this and he told me not to worry; that something is going around. He told me to keep him hydrated and give him white grape juice. Hopefully he'll be better by tomorrow!

Here's his 1 year stats:

22.2lbs 40th percentile
28 3/4" 20th percentile

Baby boy sure is thinning out!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow he is thinning out! I can't believe that Preston weighs more than him right now. Well, at least I THINK. The last time we weighed him was about 2 weeks ago and he was right around 24 lbs. He has his 1 year appointment next Wed (we are so late doing that!).

I know I'm late commenting and AJ is on the mend now, but I was so sad to read about how he was feeling. But I do know it's nice to have a cuddle buddy once in a while. I can't believe how alike Preston and AJ are. PReston is NOT a cuddler either and sometimes I enjoy putting him to bed at night just because I get to rock him and hold him when he's not squirming around! :) Hee hee