Us3

Us3

Friday, March 27, 2009

9 Months!

Today is AJ's 9 month birthday! I'm amazed at how quickly time passes. He truly has become a little boy in the past few weeks. He doesn't even look like a baby to me. While that makes me so sad because he's growing up so fast, it makes me so happy to see all the new things he can do. He really is evolving into his own person. He crawls, pulls himself up, plays so well with toys and other kids, screams, has 4 teeth and has an attitude!

We had AJ's 9 month check up this morning and he's doing GREAT! The doctor said there is nothing at all to be concerned with; that he's right on track. They gave him one shot and took some blood to check for anemia and he did so well! He cried a little with the shot (I can't blame him!) and didn't even realize that the nurse had poked his foot to get the blood.

The doctor told me again that he should be sleeping thru the night- like I don't know this!- but for now he's up about 2 times a night. I can deal with that for now.

Here are his measurements:

Weight: 21lbs 12 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (25th percentile)


I love my happy and healthy boy!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, I had that same conversation with Preston's pediatrician last week at his 9 month appointment. I was irritated. She kept saying "Well you should have taught him to sleep through the night when he was only 4 months old because at that age they can sleep 8 hours with no food." And I tried to explain all the different t hings we've tried to get him to sleep...and all I kept hearing was "You should have...." "When he was 4 months old...." or "WEll you should have done this..."

I was like "Okay you're no help at all so next subject." I didn't really say that but I just realized she didn't have any advice for me and my particular situation so I didn't care to hear it. Even when I told her we tried to let him cry it out 2 weeks ago and that he cried for 90 minutes full-on-screaming her reply was "Well, some kids cry for 2 h ours so 90 min isn't extreme."

Luckily she wasn't preston's regular pediatrician. Ugh.

I think Preston is 29 inches and 22 lbs, if I remember. I can't remember the height very well...I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am glad that he's happy and healthy :) Time passes. Seriously, the weeks just go by way too fast! My little filly will be a year old in less than a month. Babies/Animals grow up too fast. Happy 9 months AJ!

-Heather <3

The High Family said...

Happy 9 Months AJ!

Can you believe we will be celebrating our little ones 1st Birthday in less than 3 months? Holy Canoli...where did the year go? I can still remember reading your birth story and so excited to see his precious face! :)