Us3

Us3

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going Backwards??

AJ has never been a good sleeper, but for the last few weeks we were doing a little better; I was having to get up 2 times a night rather than every 2 hours. I was happier and able to handle it.

I don't know what changed, but in the last 3 nights, we have moved backwards and now he is up WAY too often again. The night before last was possibly his WORST night ever- up every 45 minutes or so. It was insane! I was worried that maybe he was sick or something because it wasn't his "come get me" cry- it was more of an "I don't feel good, so come get me" cry. The interesting thing is that he was great all day yesterday so I don't think he was actually sick.

Last night he was up 3 or 4 times (it's hard to remember because the nights all blend together at this point). I know I'm supposed to let him cry it out at this point; I mean it's almost 7 months! It's just so hard when I'm exhausted and know that I can just nurse him back to sleep and climb back into my own bed.... UGH..this is frustrating!

5 comments:

The High Family said...

most likely teething discomfort.

Don't worry...it won't last forever. :)

The High Family said...

PS- After seeing the title, I thought you were going to say that AJ was crawling backwards! lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when I saw the title I thought you were going to say that AJ was crawling backwards too!! Babie's go through fazes, just like we do too although I don't think we are up every 45 mins crying. I think he'll get over it. =) It's hard to let them cry becuase you feel so bad, but then it's like you can't always go save them. My older cat, she's 15 (My age) and she'll cry during the night every single night and I don't allow my cats to go out at night, so I just put her in the other room but I still have to listen to her and I feel bad. Well, I don't really have any suggestions. Hense, I am NOT a mother haha! I hope tonight is better for him and you =)

Kate said...

Ya, I was thinking after I put "going backwards" that people may think that too... I wish he was crawling backwards!! haha :) Nope, he's not crawling yet... nor is he sleeping well.

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah. I saw the video of him trying to crawl! Too cute! I loved the way he looked up at you =) He'll soon be able to crawl and sleep ;)