Us3

Us3

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HE TOOK A BOTTLE!!

Photobucket
Wow, what a day! Started out with a nice walk with the boys- I took AJ in the stroller and he did great! He was happy and watching all that was going on around us. I'm starting to use the stroller at least once a day to get him used to it.


Then later in the day we met up with Holly and the kids at this wonderful new park near our house. It's amazing! It's huge and is separated into 3 smaller areas for different age kids. AJ is still too small for any of them really, but once he can walk he'll have a blast! I did put him on the swing for a while and he was loving it!


While I was catching up with Holly I mentioned how AJ's still not sleeping well and she asked if we've tried the bottle lately. I haven't, and really I think I haven't thought much about the bottle because I just assumed he wouldn't take it- especially from me.


I got home from the park and realized that Anderson was probably hungry so I decided to try the bottle! I mean, it couldn't hurt could it? So, I just grabbed any bottle I could find- didn't even try to get the best one or one I thought he might like the best- and put in a few ounces of milk and gave it to him. I had no idea what he'd do... He played around with it in his mouth for a bit as he didn't know what to do with it. He got a lot of milk on his shirt, but eventually figured out that there was good stuff in there! I actually had to refill a few ounces because he drank it! I AM THRILLED!!


Thank you Holly for reminding me to try it again! I think he finally likes it because he's older...who knows really? Who cares! haha!


The true test will be later tonight when I'm asleep and Jason gives it to him. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!! That's gr8 news! I have a friend and she just had a baby too who wouldn't take the bottle and she's a full time nurse like my Mom and her baby still wont' take the bottle!!! So congrats to Mr Anderson Lewicki! Good luck to Jason!

The High Family said...

NO WAY! Go AJ!!!

We haven't even tried since the last attempt and failure. I think we will try again over the holiday season...it would be nice to have other people feed her...ugh she is so picky and demanding!

What can I say...she likes the boob best. lol

Jenni said...

I should try the bottle with Preston again. The last time was 2 weeks ago and he still wouldn't take it. But you have motivated me! I'm so glad you might actually get some sleep tonight by letting your hubby feed him! YAY!