Us3

Us3

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Big Day for AJ!

Today was a BIG DAY for Anderson. I installed his convertible car seat in my car today. It was a challenge, but I did it. It's so nice! I put him in it and he looks like such a KID! Not a baby anymore!! Here's a picture:



Sadly, he didn't love it like I'd hoped. He didn't totally hate it either, but it was pretty much the same reaction as his other one. sigh...

Then, I decided that I needed to get him a high chair. We've been feeding him on the island in our kitchen in his Bumbo which was fine, but he's growing out of it. Also, I want him to get used to being in a high chair. So, we ventured to the consignment store near our house and found a GREAT deal! I've never been a big consignment store shopper, but I've been into this store a few times and really like the owner and the things she has. She only takes the best things. I've also realized how expensive it is to buy new and figured why not buy "pre-owned". (Aren't you proud mom??)

So, I got there and they had one high chair. It was a Peg Perego high chair which is the TOP of the line (they also have strollers and other things) Well, new this high chair would be $225. I would NEVER NEVER pay that for a high chair. Used, it was being sold for $90. Even that was too high. I'd planned to pay in the neighborhood of $60-80 or so. Well, I told the owner thanks, but no thanks. I'd come back in a week or so and see if she had anything else. She was so nice! She told me that since it had been there for a few months that she'd lower the price to $60 and then went ahead and explained just how great it was. Maybe I'm a sucker, maybe she's a great sales person, whatever...I think paying $60 for a $225 high chair is a deal! And best of all, Anderson loves it!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is such a happy baby! I don't think I've seen him unhappy...that's a gr8 deal that you got on the high chair! I think he'll get used to the car seat. What a happy cute boy!