Us3

Us3

Monday, November 17, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Bjorn

It's official. I can no longer carry Anderson in the Baby Bjorn. He's just TOO DARN BIG! I took him shopping last week and had him in the Bjorn while carrying his big diaper bag and some shopping bags; at the end of the day my back hurt so bad! Then and there I decided that I'm done with it. He's going to HAVE to like his stroller- that's all there is too it. Last night we took him for a walk in the stroller and he did pretty well until the end. Then today I took him again and he did great! Only fussed when the sun was in his eyes. I'm going to keep working on it with him because we've just got to make it work.

After our walk ...



Part of me is looking forward to him being able to sit up on his own so that when we go grocery shopping or to Target I can put him in the cart. The other part of me doesn't want him to grow up that fast! For now, I will either carry him or have him in his stroller.
On another note, we've started feeding him sweet potatoes. He likes them MUCH better than avocado- I can't blame him!

Sweet Potato Face!!



Also, he's really learning how to entertain himself more lately. Obviously I have my eyes on him at all times, but he's able to hang out on his Little Einstein mat and roll around and play while I clean the house or cook dinner. It's so nice to get a LITTLE time to do these things while he's awake and not have to cram it all into nap time. Don't get me started on nap time.. hahah!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, how cute! the pics are adorable! i don't like avocdo or sweet potatoes. you're prob wondering what i do like. i like most fuits, most vegies and i crave watermelon...lol

aj is such a happy little boy who is going to grow up into such a nice person. it's fun to watch them grow but again, you don't want them to grow up because they are only little once in their life. :(

The High Family said...

Hey we have the pink Carter's bear jacket!! I didn't ge the pants but I think I should have! This just gives me an excuse to go to the Carter's Outlet again. :)

I have to say I am surprised that he wasn't a fan of the stroller? and the car seat?! Glad to hear that he is coming around though.

I think we might try cereal next month...wish me luck...she hasn't exactly done anything willingly so far...I am expecting the worse.

Jenni said...

Haha I wish we lived closer because our boys sound so similar in so many ways. Plus I think you are a hoot! :) lol.

Ok, I love the bear outfit. Where did you find that? We need to buy Preston a snowsuit soon because we are going to Yellowstone for CHristmas and heaven knows it is going to be like sub zero temps there.

I still use the bjorn even though Preton is over 18 pounds. BUT I can't use it as long. Maybe 30 min TOPS. It stinks too because like you said, that is usually how I am able to get shopping done. We are going to try a highchair during Thanksgiving at Grandma's house and if he is able to hold himself up, I might try those seats in the grocery store carts.