Us3

Us3

Monday, October 20, 2008

Time is FLYING by!

Wow, I can't believe that we're in the middle of October already! Geez, time flies when you're having fun!

It's been a crazy month- but really they all are these days. I have been fortunate enough to really get some quality ME TIME this month. I started playing Bunko with some friends. It's once a month and in November, I'm hosting. It is super fun and just wonderful to play a mindless game while enjoying the company of other women (and no kids!)and eat a bunch of yummy fattening appetizers. My mom used to play Bunko when I was young and so it's fun to be a part of that now. I have also been able to get a sitter a few times this month. Our friend Cindy has continued to watch AJ once a week for 2 hours so I an work out or like today, run a million errands. It's difficult to get things done with AJ especially because he HATES his car seat so much.

Tonight I am going to a concert with Holly and then she's been kind enough to offer to watch AJ on Thursday night so Jason and I can get some MUCH needed US time. We'll probably go to dinner- which sounds fantastic! We haven't been able to go to dinner in a long time as Anderson's ready for bed no later than 6:30pm. I feel like maybe I sound like I don't enjoy my time with AJ, but I REALLY do! I just need a break sometimes.

Anderson has had a few more "firsts" this month. We went to the pumpkin patch a few weeks back (and froze!) and then yesterday we went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate our friends daughters birthday. What fun!! AJ didn't know what the heck was going on, but there was a lot of noise and stimulation that's for sure!

Coming up this month, Jason & I are going to see Jason Mraz in concert with some friends next week and then this weekend we're going to a Halloween party. It's the 2nd annual party on our street and we're hiring a great band. This year we're all dressing up like celebrities. I will be Princess Diana and I am sworn to secrecy for Jason's costume. (Check back for pictures next week) Last year was a blast- but I was newly pregnant- and I'm sure this year will be super fun too!

Then at the end of the month, we will celebrate Jason's 33 birthday. I have a little something special up my sleeve and I certainly hope he enjoys his day!

So that is our month! Crazy! And with the holidays coming up, something tells me it's only going to get more crazy and fun! Anderson has made our lives so much fun. He's been "talking" a ton lately, constantly eating his hands, laughs and smiles all the time and is really enjoying his rice cereal. He's growing like a weed- wearing mostly 6 month clothing now (he's not even 4 months old!)and already in size 3 diapers! This just amazes me...

We have our next doctors appointment on Wednesday... Mommy is NOT thrilled by this because I know it's time for more shots! I REALLY hope they aren't as bad as last time!

1 comment:

Ciarra M. Kohn said...

Kate, AJ's fall picture is absolutely adorable . . . I feel like our lil' men have a ton in common, big boys, loving cereal :) the shots are awful, but it is for the best (Eoin laughed after his first one this time, that kinda scared me :)) good luck with the appointment!