Us3

Us3

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Routine.. .What Routine?

Just when I thought we were all set (again) on our routine, it's gone out the window. Perhaps I jinxed myself??

It seems that a routine can form without me even knowing it and then BAM there it is...for good or bad!

The past oh...2 weeks or so we've had a good routine. As I said in the last post, AJ would nap 2 times a day and then sleep at night typically (keyword) 4-5 hours stretches at night. Sure, there were days that were better and others that were worse. Seems that since I typed those very words, he's gone backwards (DARN IT!). Both yesterday and today he took terrible naps (like 45 minutes maybe) and was therefore crabby most of the day and he wakes up at night every 2-3 hours! Mama CANNOT deal with that! I have this idea that we're all set with our plan for the day; I'll work out and clean while he naps and now I'm so darn tired that while he does his little nap, I just want to lay on the couch- or like this morning, I climbed back in bed while he slept (for 30 minutes!) This would be the first time I've done that since he was 2 weeks old!

I'm doing my best now to start our old routine back- letting him cry himself BACK to sleep, but I swear it's taking years off my life. Listening to him cry in his crib makes me worry that I'm turning him into what will become a "terrible" two year old, or a monster teenager. Like he'll have this fear that I don't love him.

Eventually I know he'll sleep but WHEN!! I'm starting to realize why some people have only one child! Because they can't deal with this lack of sleep (I'm somewhat kidding...)

It's 8pm.... Totally past my bedtime :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be hard! (Not getting the sleep you need)

So here's a long story. LOL! I don't even know you but you're probably the type of person I would want to know.

Anyhow in April of this year my horse had a baby. The baby was born on April 24th, 08 AKA my older sister's b-day. What fun, I said to myself.

She was doing okay I suppose but the Mom (Horse) was rejecting the poor foal! She wouldn't let her near her so that meant the foal couldn't nurse. We got a lot of help from so many people, thank goodness! We got her some milk and stuff.

Hey, that wasn't my point though. We named the foal Farashah meaning butterfly in arabic. (That wasn't the point either, I just wanted you to know her name so that I wouldn't keep calling Fara "the baby")

Fara got sick within 24 hours and was dying. The vet said that she needed to go to the hospital right then. We are like great, just what we needed. We took her to the hospital and they did all sorts of surgery on her to save this little girl.

She was there for 3 days and she couldn't be with her mom because her mom was rejecting her totally. It wasn't them mom's fault that she didn't like her baby, she didn't produce the bonding hormone.

So, to my point. We had to bottle feed Fara and give her meds AND stay up all night in the stall until we got the divider in the stall back up. We bottle fed her until she was about 2 months old. So for two whole months me, my older sis, and my mom were up ALL night feeding Fara.

It was so hard and my mom got really sick from all of this and we were all grumpy and it was just awefull!

I've glad that this has happened because now i know that I DON"T want to have kids until I'm ready to. (Like I would have before but..)

So I seriously know what you're talking about with not getting very much sleep.

Sorry, that was terribly long!

Jenni said...

I followed your example and let Preston cry in his crib yesterday (which I don't usually do because it drives me insane). Annnnnd it didn't work at all. The little stinker cried for over a half hour. I thought he would eventually cry himself to sleep but NOPE! I was trying to get a workout dvd in but I only got about half of it done and finally gave in and just took him for a walk in the stroller (because that always makes him fall asleep). I don't know what I 'm going to do this winter when walking outside is no longer an option. LOL

Anonymous said...

what i did with my little sister when she was a baby is i would put her to sleep with toys and she would play with them then after a little while she would be a sleep :) (My Mom is a full time nurse (12 hours 4 days a week) so I had and still do have to take care of Taryn)