Us3

Us3

Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy 4 Months Anderson!


I sat down at the computer just now and looked at the clock and I remember just about this time exactly 4 months ago, the nurse came to my room and told me that I'm finally 10 centimeters dilated and I can start to push now... Oh, how I remember the next 4 hours soooo well! hahha! I can't believe how quickly time has passed since then.

I know I keep saying this, and I'm sure I will continue to say it, but Anderson is just the most fun baby. He keep me on my toes and he entertains me as much I entertain him these days. His laugh, squeaks, shrills, smiles, constant movement and just his adorable little face warms my heart every day. Even on days of complete exhaustion when I would love to have a few hours of my "old life" back just to rest and not be responsible, I look at him and he'll just make me so happy. He gives me energy when I don't think I can muster up any more of it.

Now that AJ is 4 months old, he's really becoming his own person. We're FINALLY on a routine- two naps during the day; one typically an hour or so, the other about 2 hours and then he goes to bed at 6:30pm and wakes up around 6 or 7am (not including him waking up to eat 3-5 times a night). I think a routine has been so helpful for all of us. Now I know when he's going to get tired before he gets too fussy so I can feed him and put him down before he goes all crazy on me. It's also so nice to know when I will get my time to either work out, clean or ONCE in a while lay around and do nothing.

His latest likes and dislikes:

Likes:
The mornings- he's SO much happier around 7am than he is at say...5pm
Rice cereal- he loves it! He will actually yell at me if I'm not fast enough getting it in his mouth! And he's great with the spoon.
His hands- ALWAYS in his mouth (watch out, cause if your hands are near, they'll be in his mouth too!)
Reading books- We've been going to the library once a week for a few weeks now and I get about 5-6 books each time. He enjoys laying on the floor with me while I read to him. He'll play with his hands or grab my hair or sometimes just stare at me and smile (when I get the voices going)
Bath Time- AJ enjoys his morning bath; he holds the water cup while I wash him- of course he tries to put this BIG blue plastic cup into his mouth.


Dislikes:
Car Seat- it is getting better, but it's not great. He'll be ok typically for 15 or so minutes, but any longer and he's not so happy.
The stroller- sad to say, he's still not liking it. Last night Jason and I took he and the dogs for a walk in the jogger stroller and AJ could look out and see the world. He was ok for 1/2 the walk...then I had to carry him home! (it could have been that it was 40 degrees out, who knows?)

Lastly, Anderson has started to learn to roll over on his own from his tummy to his back. I haven't actually seen him do it yet, but about 4 or 5 times I have put him back into his crib and I'll go back to bed and look at the monitor and see he's on his back! He's also trying to crawl I think! Well, I don't think he knows what he's doing, but I will watch him in his crib scoot with his butt in the air, head down on the sheet and just push himself from one side of the crib to the other! He's one strong baby boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute photo of Anderson! Hmmm...Does he get car sick? Maybe it's something with movement sense he doesn't like the stroller either. It's always so fun to have someone who cheers you up and who has a good relationship with you! You and Anderson are so good together! What books have you been reading to him? There's this teddy bear one...it's really cute but I can't seem to remember the name of it. It's like teady bear gift or something like that.

Anyways, Happy 4 Months Anderson!

Jenni said...

Hey Happy 4 months Anderson cutie pie! You are adorable and definitely keeping your mommy on her toes!

So to answer your questions about our family pics...

We actually just used our little Canon Powershot digital camera with a tripod. Of course it took a zillion tries to get pictures just right, but it worked. And towards the end Preston started to have a melt down. If you check out my family blog (the link is on my sidebar) you will see the rest of the photos where Preston was crying LOL.

My hubby is all for making memories with pictures and so it didn't really take any convincing. Well, that's not true. When I first suggested it, he kind of didn't want to have to get all dressed up and drag the tripod out. But once we started doing it and he saw the pictures, he was having fun. :) And of course he always looks back and is glad we did them.