Us3

Us3

Monday, September 1, 2008

This is what lack of sleep will do...

Last night I SERIOUSLY freaked out...I mean, BIG TIME! I was asleep for a few hours and then was laying in bed and heard AJ crying thru the monitor on my nightstand. At the time though, I didn't realize I was hearing the monitor; I thought it was actually him right there on the bed. I was half awake/ half asleep- probably more asleep- and I remember getting up out of bed, looking down at the sheets and looking for AJ. I couldn't find him so I started searching for him in the sheets. I looked under the sheet, under the duvet cover, and then did that over and over again all while listening to him cry and PANICKING that I couldn't find him! I was TERRIFIED! Finally (and really it was probably only seconds, but it felt like an eternity) I woke Jason up and we both think I said "I can't find it!" because the next thing we know, he's handing me the TV remote control! He was obviously asleep and didn't hear the baby crying. Then...all of the sudden, I realized DUH!!! The baby is in his CRIB and I am listening to him on the monitor! I know this sounds funny and ridiculous, but it was SO incredibly real and scary!

The point is...I need sleep!

3 comments:

The High Family said...

Now that is a funny but also very scary story indeed. You poor thing! I was so panicked for you while reading, but laughed my head off when you hubby gave you the remote! I could totally see mine doing the same thing! LOL

Gosh I hope you get a good night's rest soon!

Ciarra M. Kohn said...

I have done something similar . . when Eoin was still sleeping with us, I fell asleep with the tv on; it must have been a channel that blanks out to blue after a certain time . . . anyways . . . I woke up and Eoin was sleeping next to me and I woke Jordan up crying b/c the "baby is blue, the baby is blue!" Jordan lifted him and I was still freaking out . . . it was the reflection from the tv screen making him look like a smurf :)

Jenni said...

I have done this too where I thought Preston was in bed with us and that Will had rolled over onto him. I was like "You're squishing him! You're squishing him!". I was obviously half-asleep because Preston was in his bassinet.