Us3

Us3

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Andersons First Bath!

Today Jason & I decided to give Anderson his first real bath- he's been getting sponge baths for a while now but today was the real deal. I was totally expecting him to HATE it as he usually isn't happy being naked or changed and the sponge baths have never been fun for him. Luckily, I think we must have gotten the bath water temperature correct because he was pretty content! He did cry in the beginning, but I kept pouring warm water over him and so he was happy. (Maybe happy isn't the right word, but he wasn't pissed off!)

Who knew it would take THIS much stuff in order to bathe a 2 week old! The towel, wash cloth, diapers, wipes, fresh clothes, soap, lotion, etc.. I was getting it all together thinking "How often can I actually do this??" It was funny.

On another note, I finally worked out today! I did the elliptical for 20 (LONG) minutes and did some squats, lunges, push ups and sit ups. It was really hard work, but I feel really good having done it. I felt like I had more energy after I did it- a great feeling!

Taking it easy the rest of the day- Jason's allergies are bothering him and we could all use a rest. Anderson slept well again last night- up every 3 hours or so.

Here are some bath pics:

Just before the fun begins
Photobucket

Not quite sure about this...
Photobucket

All done!
Photobucket

Clean boy
Photobucket

Hanging out; feeling clean
Photobucket

2 comments:

The High Family said...

He is so cute! I LOVE his expressions. We plan to give Kara her first real bath tonight too...cross your fingers it goes well. Like AJ, sponge baths haven't been all that fun! LOL

Jenni said...

Good job on working out!! You already look great by the way. I'm going to go and work out here too since Preston is asleep.

Preston hated his first bath too but we found a trick. Have two towels - one to dry him off of course, but one to wrap him in that you set him in the bath with. Preston loves baths now because he is wrapped up in a warm wet towel. I just uncover the parts of his body one at a time that I am washing and then wrap it up again with the towel (and continuously getting it re-wet with warm water). He just chills out now like he's in a hot tub. It is so cute!