Us3

Us3

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sight Words!

I am so excited to post that AJ is starting to learn to read! He has obviously been working on sight words at school and at this point, knows about 15 or so. Last night before bed we were reading a book that was way too old for him to read. It's one we read together, but I'd never expect him to read at his age. But I started pointing to some words, I thought he could help me with (The, and, it) and he would read them. We did this for 2 chapters.

Then, this morning he wanted to do more, so we picked up his Flat Stanley At Bat book that is a I Can Read Level 2 book. It's much more appropriate for him to read. He did awesome! I can't believe how quickly he can pick up the words I teach him.

Here are a list of words he can read:

The, can, it, he, be, to, and, an, a, no, in, was, I, ball, bat

I'm going to get him some more I Can Read books because they are awesome! And he LOVES to read!

YEAH AJ!!!

No comments: