Us3

Us3

Monday, June 6, 2011

June Update

I've been pretty bad at blogging lately- sorry! There's been a lot going on and I realize that the more time that goes by, the more I have to write, and the less I want to because it becomes overwhelming. However, I don't want to forget this stuff and I love to share it :)

So....

AJ and I have started going to church. We began going a few months ago, but since I don’t have him every Sunday, he’s probably been 6-7 times, on and off. Finally, he’s gone enough times that he doesn’t cry anymore- he still tells me he doesn’t want to go each time, but then after, he tells me how much fun he had. Also, Miss Callie- the nice woman who runs it- tells me he does well and has fun. I actually started volunteering in the “Jungle Jam” area- where AJ goes- so that I can help out, but also I get to see what AJ does for an hour.


The church we go to is called Plum Creek Community Church. The services are actually held in the Castle Rock movie theatre, which I think is kind of funny, but it works. The people that attend are mostly my age – give or take 10 years- and what I love about it is its very casual and low key. I wear flip flops most weeks and I don’t feel judged- which is huge to me. There’s always a great message or lesson about something relevant in my life. It’s a great start to the week.

Because we’ve been going to church, AJ and I have started saying our prayers each night before bed. It’s the cutest thing listening to his prayers. This is how they go:

“Alright… so…. Deeeeaaar God. Thank you for….. our house. And thank you for our food. Thank you for Daddy” and the list goes on and on…. He thanks God for EVERYONE he knows… :) He also thanks God for Buster. He says he misses and loves Buster. Then, he wants me to do my prayers. And then we do it all over again- a few times each night. The other night, he was feeling quite spunky and thanked God for his “nose and boogers”. UGH- boys!

Here’s a few random things from AJ:

* The other night we went to the Jacuzzi to hang out and there was this adorable 12 year old boy in there too. He and AJ hit it off! This kid was so caring and nice- I wouldn’t have expected him to like playing with an almost 3 year old, but AJ cracked him up! Kenneth was practicing holding his breath under water so he’d go under and then come back and tell us how long he could hold it. He came up one time and said, “40 seconds!” AJ’s response was “40 Seconds?!! You’re killing me Kenneth!” (Maybe not the best thing for him to be saying, but it was seriously funny)

****EDIT*** going forward "killing" is a bad word in our house. It's up there with "stupid". It was funny the first time, but now he is "killing" everything. Obviously, he doesn't know what that really means, but I don't like it.
* June is going to be a BUSY month for AJ. He started My Gym on this morning with my mom. It’s a little gymnastics class that he’ll do each Monday at the rec center. Then, tonight he starts swim lessons- and I don’t have to get in the water! He’ll do that Monday and Wednesday’s for the entire month. I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

So nice to hear an update! You sound super busy. I love that you guys have started going to church. I'm an avid church goer too and it is really a huge help in my life. So glad it is for you too. And Preston says the funniest prayers. He always says the blessing on our dinner food, and last night we made a casserole (I'm not a huge casserole maker and so Preston has never had it before). He goes "Heavenly Father, thank you corn, thank you....(and then points to the casserole)...thank you that, Jesus, Amen!" Hahahahaha. We were trying so hard to not bust up during the prayer. Kids are so gosh darn cute.