Us3

Us3

Friday, June 24, 2011

BIG Weekend Ahead!

We've got a fun few days ahead of us! It's time to celebrate AJ's THIRD birthday! Seriously- how did he get to be 3 already?! Time really does go too fast.....

I'm starting to realize that because his birthday is on a Monday, we'll probably be celebrating for 3 days. Tomorrow is his birthday party and I think it's going to be a ton of fun. We're having a pirate theme party since he's TOTALLY into pirates. He calls it a "Jake" party because his favorite cartoon is Disney's, Jake and the Never land Pirates. Because this show is so new, they don't make party decorations for it, so we're doing a pirate theme. I'm trying to make it as young as possible- there will be skeletons, but mainly we're trying to go with treasure maps and treasure chests.

Tonight we did the last minute preparations for the party- AJ and Papa put all the candy in the pinata and they had a great time doing it! Here's a little video of that:



Then Grandma got home and started helping them:




Then, on Sunday, we're doing his 3 year pictures with our favorite photographer Nikkie. She's done all of AJ's pictures since he was 10 months and she's fantastic! She's going to try to do an urban theme- alley ways, barns, and buildings as a background. I'm sure they'll be great!

On Monday, AJ's actual birthday, Jason and I are going to take him to breakfast (because Jason travels that night) and then I'll take the day off and go with him to My Gym, lunch and then swimming lessons later than afternoon. Maybe we'll do dinner too- just have to see if we can fit it all in.

I'm so proud of our boy! And I'm really looking forward to celebrating him all weekend!

No comments: