Us3

Us3

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Something to Aim For....

Ready? Set? PEE!

People keep asking me when I'm going to start potty training AJ. Or, have I given it any thought. Well, of course I have. He's 2.5 years old. But, I've also decided that 1) I can't force this child to do anything and 2) if I'm being honest, I'm just not up for it right now. I keep telling myself that he won't be in diapers forever and once he goes to preschool or daycare, peer pressure is going to get him potty trained quickly. Perhaps I'm lazy. Think what you will.


In the past week or so, AJ has started to ask to use the "big boy potty". It's great and I'm so happy when he wants to, but typically he asks just after he's pooped! It's a start I guess :)

Tonight, he wanted to use the potty and all of the sudden, I remembered other moms of boys talking about using Cheerios to get them excited about peeing in the potty. So, I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a few. I tossed them in the toilet. At first, when I explained that he could aim for them and try to pee on them he was a little confused. He wanted to eat the Cheerios :) But then...He Did It! And boy, did we throw a little potty party! I was so proud!

No comments: