Us3

Us3

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Why not throw AJ some more change, right? This week, we started AJ in his big boy bed. For the past few months, AJ has learned that he likes to sleep with Mommy or Daddy- a VERY bad habit. Not only does he need to learn to sleep alone but I don’t sleep well with him kicking me in the back and pulling my hair at 2am and it also doesn’t allow me any time to get things done because I have to go to bed the same time he does! So, we decided that once the move was done, Jason and I would transition AJ back to his own bed- in a big boy bed. From what Jason said, the first night he did great! He went to bed around 8:15pm and was up around 7am. He didn’t get up once.  The second night, he was with me and he did well, but not quite as well. He woke up at 2:30 and cried for a bit, but then went back to sleep. Lately, AJ’s been talking a lot about the dark and how he’s afraid of the dark. He talks about it in the car when we’re driving at night and he talked about it when I put him to bed the other night. I don’t know where this all came from, but I guess it’s natural. We think that the shadows on the walls are scaring him, which keeps him up at night. Last night, he was with Jason and he woke up at 3:30am crying and shaking saying how scared he was. It makes me so sad to hear that he’s afraid- and to not know how to help him. We are going to try a few different things like keeping more lights on or changing the lights in order to create fewer shadows on the wall. We’re only 3 nights in, so I’m sure it’ll get easier. 

I heard from my mom that today at nap time, he requested to nap in his big boy bed... PROGRESS!!!

No comments: