Us3

Us3

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Few Things..

I've been thinking lately about what I can write on here... There's got to be new information for me to share with you, right?? Sadly, since I'm really not with AJ nearly as much these days, I don't have a lot of awesome new things to write about. Now, don't take that like I'm having a pity party- because I'm not. AJ and I are doing really well. He's adjusting wonderfully- loving his time at Jamie's (Jamie house, as he calls it) and he just has a blast with Mamna and Papa too. I have been thinking about how great it is that he gets to go to both places each week because they are both perfect for him, in different ways. Jamie's house offers him the chance to play and interact with other kids. He's talking up a storm now and I think a lot of that is because he's around other little people. Then he goes to my moms house and gets the one on one attention that he needs. They spoil him rotten! I don't think a minute goes by when they aren't staring at him :)

Back to my point- I don't have a lot of new things because he's with other people most of the day. But, when AJ and I are together, we have a blast! I've said it before, but I REALLY cherish the time we have and look forward to doing fun things with him. This whole work thing has made me appreciate our time more.

Here are a few new things that I can think of:

* His new favorite song is BINGO.... He loves to clap and he makes me sing it OVER AND OVER AND OVER....

* I'm losing count of ALL of his favorite stuffed animals... This child sleeps with SOOO many animals in his crib, and typically they end up all over the house throughout the day. At bedtime, I get as many as I can and put them back in bed with him. But it never fails that I forget one...So, I have to go on a hunt to find it. Because HE KNOWS who should be there... Let's see... Woofy (AKA Mama woofy), Baby Woofy, Roar (the bear), Baby Roar (the little lion), Mama Roar (bigger bear) - are you noticing a theme here?, Oooh Aahh (Eeyore), Pooh, Mickey and many other random animals that seem to stay in there. 

* Every morning to get him to go downstairs with me (because now we don't have time to fool around- we've gotta get moving!) I remind AJ that he can toss his animals off the landing and onto the 1st level of the house. He loves it! He'll toss them over the side, and then run down the stairs to "watch" them. :)

* We've started a new nightly routine which includes rocking on the chair in his room and then we read. The book we're reading now is Good Night Moon. We've had this book for a long time- probably since before he was born- but he hasn't been too interested. I started trying it again this week and he really enjoys it! It's such a great story and a great way to end the day together.

On another note- I feel like I'm finally figuring out how to prioritize my life. I'm starting to figure it out anyway. Going back to work scared me for many reasons; one thing was that I didn't know how I'd be able to fit it all in. I'm have yet to perfect this, and I think it will always be a struggle, but I do feel like I've some kind of grasp. My house has really taken the hit in this situation. It's messy...and dirty...and there's just stuff everywhere. But, I've come to the realization that a messy house isn't the end of the world. I do have a few hours a week that I can spend cleaning and tidying up . Typically I can do this on the weekends which is ok. I also can make time for friends on the nights that AJ is with Jason and then there's a little bit of time for me. I've been slacking BIG time on my workouts- something I am not happy about, but I just can't do it all right now. By the time I get home from work- after sitting for 10+ hours, I'm exhausted and don't want to workout. I need to figure out how to change that. I wish we had showers at my work so I could run at lunch, but they don't. Then there's Buster. That poor dog! He's doing well, but I feel so bad leaving him alone all day too! The good news is that he does go to my moms and plays with Lexi on Monday's and Thursdays. The other nights, AJ and I usually take him for a walk after work. Of course, AJ is my main priority, so when I have him, we hang out together.

I guess I had a little more to say than I thought ;)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You are doing so great Kate. I don't know how you do it all - you're amazing. Truly. What a huge adjustment you have gone through. You are playing every role possible - breadwinner, mommy, housecleaner, friend, etc..the list goes on and on. All I can say is there is a time and season for everything - and so dont sweat about not working out right now (haha did you like that i said don't "sweat" it? lol). You will get there. YOu have your priorities in order right now and are doing all that you can so don't get down on yourself. Plus you look amazing anyway :)

well, hang in there. YOu're doing awesome and AJ is so lucky to have a mom like you.