Us3

Us3

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Use Your Words!!

Oh, how I wish I could say that to AJ and he could understand me. He has begun to whine for EVERYTHING and he gets super frustrated (read: temper tantrums) when I don't understand what he wants (which is 90% of the time).

He walks around the house saying "ehhh? ehhh?" to everything- pointing sometimes, but then even then he's not pointing AT anything. He will point at the ceiling, or the kitchen cupboards and I don't know what he wants? Or, we'll be walking thru Walmart and he'll point at every little thing we walk by.

I don't know if him doing this means he actually WANTS the thing he's point at, or if he's telling me that he sees it or what. I know it's just a stage and if he could talk he would, but this constant "ehh?" is getting tiring :)

Here are a few words that AJ can say now- certainly not on command, but I have heard them semi-clearly recently:

Truck
Cracker
Please (eesh)
Fish (ish)
Doggie
Mommy
Mama
Daddy
Dada

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Um once again, DITTO! Preston does the SAME thing and it's really grating on my patience. He demands whatever it is that he wants and if he doesn't get it the "eh! Eh!" gets louder and louder. And oh the temper tantrums...yess I hear you on that.

He will point to stuff that he wants by saying "Dah!! Dah!' I thin it's because at first we would say "What's that?" and he has learned "dah" from "that" (it sounds like dat but without the t at the end).

A lovely phase and I hope both of our boys grow out of soon. VERY SOOn. :)