Us3

Us3

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update!

Here's an update on everything that is happening with us these days:

* Today, AJ got his first real black eye. Poor thing! He likes to push around this little train in the kitchen and it's so small that he often pushes it too fast and everything goes flying. He typically doesn't hurt himself when this happens....Except for today. He was pushing it and it flew up and it him in the eye. I thought it hit him in the mouth because once he did it he screamed and put his hands in his mouth- but then once he stopped crying I could see that his cheek and eye were all red and swollen. Now, his eye is bruised and blue. Surprisingly, he didn't cry too long and was back to playing really quickly.

* HE TALKS ALL THE TIME! He's always saying something that we think is "whats that?" Today we went to Costco and I swear he didn't shut up the entire time. It's so cute, but sometimes a little peace and quiet would be ok :)

* He now knows that a dog says "uh uh" (his version of woof woof) and a cow says "uuuuuuhhhh" (his version of moooo)

* Oh my gosh is AJ a character. He cracks himself up ALL the time. He will look up in the sky and say "ohhhhhhh" and then look at us and get this wonderful giggle from deep within. I'm trying to get it on video...

* He is QUICK! When we open the cupboard, the refrigerator, the backdoor or the laundry room door he BOLTS so he can get in there. And once he's in, he's NOT happy when we have to get him out.

* Tomorrow is the last day of my first class since being back to school. 5 weeks went by FAST! I think I will end up with a B+ in the class. I am a little mad at myself because I spaced and missed a paper in week 4 so that took me from an A, but I am ok with a B+.

* Jason has been working REALLY REALLY hard on this one particular deal at work for months. It's a 5 million dollar deal! He got word the other day that he WON the deal! It's the biggest, by far, that he's closed! He's very relieved and proud of himself and we're super proud of him too!

3 comments:

Donna said...

How exciting to hear all the news! And YEAH and CONGRATULATIONS to JT on a job well done! We've always been of the opinion that JT could sell ice to Eskimos...not that we're biased or anything! :)

A big hug to AJ on his first black eye...ouch! Aren't they resilient though? Amazing how quickly they are back to playing and acting like it doesn't hurt at all.

Keep those videos coming...I LOVE hearing his little voice (AJ's not JT's...heehee) and watching him walk/run all over the place! He is a very smart little guy!

Jenni said...

hahaha okay so Preston does the EXACT same thing when we open the laundry door, the storage room door, and especially the front door. We have to deadbolt the front door now because he knows how to turn the handle and open it. We have 24 stairs out the front door...kind of scares me. But he loves to go UP stairs, just hasn't quite figurd out how to go down them very well. So when he hears the front door open, he bolts for it and goes out onto the deck and when we bring him back in ohhhh boy does he cry and scream. I think going outside is possibly his favorite thing right now.

The High Family said...

Isn't it funny how fast their little feet will go when they hear/see something they want?! Wait til you add a second and AJ is old enough to let his baby sibling into things when you are not looking!!! Fun times are awaiting you! ;)

Congrats to Jason! That is awesome. Tell him that I am still waiting (patiently) for my new Dell laptop...haha!