Us3

Us3

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Learning To Eat...

Ok, this is all so new to me! I had NEVER thought about this, but one has to LEARN how to eat with a spoon! Not only learn to open your mouth to insert the food, but also to allow your tongue to bring in the food rather than push it out! WOW- what a concept!

FOR EXAMPLE:


For 3 days now, I've been giving Anderson rice cereal at night before bed. Well, today he finally was able to keep about 60% of it in his mouth! All the other times, I'll put the spoon in his mouth with a little cereal and he'll work it out of his mouth- not because he doesn't want or like it, but because I can tell he doesn't know how to keep it in. It's the cutest thing to watch him learn what I think of as some of the simplest things- Now he's starting to open his mouth when the spoon is coming near as well; not every time, but often.

I'm so proud of my little man! (He's not that little tho..)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

So I've been dying to hear...has it been helping with the sleeping yet?

Kate said...

Nope, no so much.... He enjoys it and he eats a lot (surprising I know...) but I don't see it helping with sleep much..boohoo!