Us3

Us3

Monday, July 21, 2014

AJ is SIX!!


How is it possible that my baby is 6? Once again, it seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant with him and now we’re celebrating his sixth birthday!

We sure had a fun time celebrating too! The weekend before, my mom flew out from California, picked up AJ and took him back to California with her. She had wanted to do this for a while, and we finally made it happen. To be honest, I was nervous. I wasn’t sure how he would do being away from us for 4 nights and I wasn’t sure how I’d handle such a quiet house! The night we dropped them off I was a complete wreck. I think maybe I was just in a sad, emotional mood anyway, but it was tough. I cried the entire way to the airport! AJ didn’t have any issues tho- he was ready to go.
On the way to the airport! Headed to Cali!
 


At the airport, enjoying some ice cream!

Grandma Time!

It turned out to be a great time for everyone. My mom and AJ had such a wonderful time. It seemed like they never stopped! They went to the beach for hours, the park, rode bikes to Matt’s, went to Disneyland and played in our friend Dianna’s pool. Back in Colorado, Jason and I really enjoyed ourselves too. We went to a movie, went to dinner, and talked about how clean the house stayed- hah! We missed him a lot, but I think it was good for all of us.

My mom brought him back to Colorado the day before his birthday. Then she stayed until Sunday. On his birthday, AJ wanted to go to Chili’s for dinner (his new favorite place) and then we opened presents. My mom had gotten him a 20” bike for him to keep in California, and Jason and I got him one for home. He loved them! And he’s great at riding them too! Late that night, my Dad and Cory flew in to spend the weekend with us. We were so fortunate to have family there again for AJ’s birthday. My mom has been to every party and Dad and Cory have been to many of them. It’s so wonderful when they are here!



The birthday boy!!

 
This is a SUPER cool book from Aunt Connie

His new bike!!!
 

Saturday was AJ’s birthday party. We decided to have a shark themed party and rented a blow up shark water slide. Let me tell you- this was the best idea! The kids loved it and it was so easy! I think this was the easiest party we’ve had yet! Someone came and set it up and later that day, then took it down. We had sandwiches, chips and drinks and Jason made the cake again. It really was a great day! He had many friends from Kindergarten and our neighborhood and even his teacher came!





The slide! SO fun!
 


Grammy Cory made this! She is a rock star!!

And then, it became a hat!

 

Love them!
Love this shot of Grammy Cory and AJ. They have so much fun together!

Happy guy!

Love for Grandma.... so sweet


Cake time! All the kids wanted to eat the shark!

Daddy did such a good job, once again!



Playing War with Pop


 

After the party, we relaxed a bit and AJ opened his gifts with family. Then, we went to Rockyard for a little Graduation party for me! In June, I finally finished my Masters in Adult Education and Training. My parents and Jason threw me a nice party and so many people showed up! I was truly amazed at how many of our friends spend virtually the entire day with us – coming to both parties. It really showed me how many people love and support us. I am so thankful.

Party Time!

Love
 

It was a really awesome day for everyone. I was so happy to have my family there to celebrate at both parties!

No comments: