Us3

Us3

Thursday, July 18, 2013

We got a DOG!

Yes, you read that right! We got a dog! While we were in Yellowstone, a good friend of mine texted me asking if we were interested in adopting a 3 year old boxer. Her owner was moving and couldn't take the dog with her.

Heather knew that I couldn't take the dog because of where I live, but I talked to Jason about her and he decided he would take her. She got us in touch with the owner and we talked a lot about the pup. Her name is Jasmine and she's a GREAT dog!

Jasmine is really well trained. She will sit, lay down, "load up" in the car, is healthy, loves to run and hike and great with kids. AJ and I were able to pick her up after Yellowstone and the whole way home, AJ was talking to her the whole time. He introduced us to her- "Jasmine, my name is AJ and this is my Mom, Kate". He told her he loved her "so, so, so much". We talked quite a bit about how dogs need to be taken care of, fed, walked and cleaned up after and how he would have a lot of these responsibilities. He was so happy!

AJ and I have been talking about getting a dog for a while now, but I knew I couldn't do it until I got out of this apartment. I wanted to get him a puppy, but now that Jazz showed up in our lives, I'm so thankful we didn't do the puppy thing. Jasmine is already trained, has had no accidents in the house, is crate trained and just a great pup. I'm so happy this worked out for all of us :)

Here are some picks of sweet Jazz. She's such a good girl! And she loves to play fetch too!

Right after we picked up Jasmine

Driving home.. She was a bit nervous, as expected.

Her previous owner sent her with a leash, collar, food and some toys. She loves this boot!

No comments: