Us3

Us3

Monday, December 31, 2012

Skiing!

Yesterday I took AJ skiing for our first run of the season. I plan to get him in lessons this year, but I wanted to first get him up with me and get him comfortable. My only hope is that we could get on the lift once and that he would enjoy himself. We made a deal that if either of us fell, we would laugh at each other. He was totally into that.

I had hoped to get an early start because I assume traffic would be rough, but of course that did not happen. I let AJ sleep in his long johns and he thought that was funny :)

We didn't get out the door till almost 7:45 and had a 90 minute (or longer) drive ahead of us. I packed coffee, toys, snacks and of course his iPad for the ride. Thankfully there was no traffic and we were at Loveland by 9:15am. I was a little worried about how I was going to get this all done alone. Skiing requires A LOT of gear and AJ wouldn't be much help carrying it. Jackets, helmet, his skis and boots, goggles, gloves, food, etc... It's A LOT!

The place wasn't totally packed so we were able to get mostly dressed in the car and easily walk to the lodge to get my skis. I decided to jump right in and get AJ on the lift. I wasn't totally sure how it would work out, but we were doing it. And it was AWESOME!


Ready to hit the slopes!


Love him!


Here we go!


He totally rocked it!

AJ did so well! And he loved it! We did 4 runs and most of the time he was in between my legs. I tried to get him comfortable and to find his balance. He was a little nervous when I wasn't holding him- but he did so well. We never fell getting on or off the chairlift- one of my worries. They slowed it down for us a few times to help. He loved being on the chair and watching other people ski below.

We had lunch and then decided to head back out for 2 more runs. I got him this little harness he could wear that allowed me to hold onto him a little better and it made it easier on my back. I could easily pick him up if he fell and control him a little better.



I told AJ how proud I was of him so many times that I think he got sick of hearing it! Can't wait for our next day up on the mountain!

No comments: