Us3

Us3

Monday, October 1, 2012

He Rides a Bike!

Up until now, AJ hasn't shown much interest in riding a bike. When he was two, his great-grandma Betty got him a Big Wheel, but his legs weren't long enough and he wasn't too interested in learning to ride it. At three, I bought him a Mickey Mouse bike with training wheels and he still really didn't want to ride. I tried to talk him into it, but he rarely would try. At times, I'd bring it to the park across the street (because we don't have a yard, this is where we have to ride) and he said he would ride, but then the playground was more fun for him.

Just last week, I took him to get his own skis and boots to prepare for the upcoming ski season (Because he WILL love skiing!) and that day when we got home he was really into his new helmet. I told him he could use it when he rides his bike too. This seemed to peak his interest. We went outside and he practiced. Of course, he was very unsteady because he hadn't practiced much. I was SUPER proud that he wanted to try and had a great time. I was thrilled he didn't fall. I didn't want him to get hurt of course, but I also wanted him to gain some confidence and keep doing it.

Here's him the first day :





After a while, I realized the bike he has, a 10 inch bike, is just way too small. He can ride it, but I can't raise the seat anymore and because the wheels are so small and seat is so low, he can't start off without a push. He just doesn't have the leg muscles to do it yet. I decided since he was really getting into it- even taking the bike to the park with his buddy Dax and riding it a much longer distance- it was time to get him a bigger bike. We looked many placed this weekend and of course, in Colorado it's really not time to buy a  bike. Therefore, no consignment stores had them and they weren't on sale. UGH! Oh well, I think it was a good investment. This bike is a 14" bike and it is so much easier for him to ride. Check out some videos of him getting better and better on is new Avengers bike :) I am beyond proud!


Biker Boys! (Dax, AJ & Skylar)


Proud boy!


Right before we bought the new bike:




Practicing with his Avengers bike!



Went to the park and he did SO WELL!

No comments: