Us3

Us3

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

AJ's 4 Year Check Up

Last week AJ had his 4 year check up and I’m super happy to report he is totally healthy and right on track! :) I had warned him that he may get a shot and so he was pretty freaked out on the way to the doctor’s office. Looking back, I probably shouldn’t have told him but I didn’t want to just spring it on him last minute. The doctor actually told me he could get the shots now or next year, and I decided to get it done and out of the way. Now, he won’t need any more shots until he is ELEVEN! He’s pretty happy about that.


I did have the doctor check his hearing because the kid doesn’t listen! I was 99% sure it was just him ignoring me all the time, but I wanted to be sure. The nurse had to do the hearing test 6 times because he really wouldn’t cooperate. The nurse kept asking him to raise his hand when he heard the beeps, and he wouldn’t. He wasn’t bad, I think he was just freaked out about the idea of getting shots and couldn’t concentrate. Finally, he said he could hear all the beeps every time- we all laughed 
AJ did pretty well with the shots. He was crying and very scared before, but once they poked him, he was fine. Anticipation is always worse! He got 2 shots in one arm, and 1 in the other. Once they were done, he was great. His arms were sore for a few days, but he’s all better. Poor guy!


Here’s his stats:

38.2lbs 75th percentile

39” tall 25th percentile

Here's a picture of his war wounds :)

No comments: