Us3

Us3

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"I Apologize"

This was a conversation between AJ and I a few days ago... (back story- I was exhausted for some reason and AJ had this party blower that he was playing with. That wasn't a problem till he started blowing it in my face. Over and over and over...)
Me: AJ, please stop blowing that in my face.
AJ: bloooooooowww
Me: AJ, I mean it. Please stop doing that.
AJ: bloooooowwwww
Me: AJ, seriously. I really want you to stop blowing that in my face, right now!
AJ: bllllooooowwww (hehehh!)
Me: If you do that ONE MORE TIME, you're going to time out. I'm serious! (I was quite stern and serious)

He stands back, takes a moment to think and then says..."Mom, I apologize" And he didn't do it again :)

It was really a great way to change my attitude. I was tired and kinda cranky- not that he should have done that to me especially after I'd asked him not to 3 times. But his apology and the way that he did it all on his own and with so much sincerity really made me so proud and so happy. I told him how thankful I was and how much I appreciated it. Such a nice boy:)

No comments: