Us3

Us3

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Update on School- Week 1

I know I've already written about his first day, but today I finally got to pick him up and so I was able to get a better understanding of how he is and what he does. I got there at 4 today and like every afternoon, he was playing on the playground with all the other kids. He was in the HUGE sand pit playing and I stopped to watch him for a minute before I let him know I was there. He was playing with about 9 other kids his age. He looked like he was having a blast!

Finally, I called his name and he looked up and said, "Hi Mom!" and then went back to playing in the sand :) After a few minutes, I asked if he wanted to come show me his classroom- he said yes and he showed me the way. When we got there he showed me the fish tank, the sand box where he plays cars, where circle time is, where he can get a drink of water and some of the toys they have. It's VERY well organized. Things are clean and put away when the kids are out playing.After a few minutes in there, I started to think maybe we should be on our way, but AJ told me he didn't want to leave! So, then he showed me the kitchen where they all eat and the area that they all nap- he showed me his nap mat which he seemed proud of.

When we were able to go, I grabbed his bag from is cubby and looked up at this chart they do for each kid. Tells how long they napped, how much they are and a few other things. He at all his lunch and napped just over an hour. He has napped in the past more like 2-3 hours but I understand why it's different.

Then, we walked back out to the playground and he wanted to play some more, so I had a chance to talk to his teachers. One teacher, Miss Michelle told me that he has wonderful manners. Anytime someone handed something to him, he always said please and thank you. She was impressed :) The other teachers had great things to say- he gets along well, no fighting, or anything like that- thankfully.

I know the drop off today wasn't that great, but I hope by tomorrow he'll be ready to just run in. I KNOW he's having fun! And I can already feel he's learning a ton!

No comments: