Us3

Us3

Monday, February 7, 2011

I Missed Him So!

I left AJ for the longest stretch so far this weekend and I had a great time, but I missed my boy!

I went to California for a long weekend (4 nights) and decided since it would involve many things that would not be kid friendly, that I would leave AJ in Colorado. It was seriously a tough decision- I never thought I'd go back to California and not bring him- but it was for the best.

I'm lucky to have so many people that love AJ and are willing to watch him. He spent a few nights with Grandma and Papa and then a few nights with Jason. From the sounds of it, they all had a great time and AJ was his normal good self.

While in California, I got to talk to AJ on the phone each day and one time got to Skype with him which was wonderful. I missed him sooo much! Coming home tonight and just hugging and kissing him and talking to him made me so happy! (and he was pretty happy too!)

I had a wonderful time in California- ran my first 1/2 marathon. I had hoped to do it in less than 2 hours and I did it in 1 hour and 55 minutes. I was pretty thrilled! (and now I'm in a ton of pain) The weather was perfect and had a great time visiting Matt and Kristin. They were amazing hosts! Thanks guys!

Matt & I at Mutts in Newport.

1 comment:

Coach Carrie said...

Congrats on the half! I am glad all of your training paid off! Jim (my husband) ran it too.