Us3

Us3

Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year. We were thrilled to have Uncle Matt and Auntie Kristin visit. They were here for a few days and even though I had to work, AJ got to spend some quality time with them. My mom, Matt, Kristin and AJ all spent one day in Downtown Denver- they walked around, watched trains and had lunch. My mom said that Matt was acting like a 2 year old, so he and AJ got along great :) LOL! They spent time “playing swords” (we call it that rather than sword fighting!) and as expected, Matt is just an awesome uncle. He was on the ground building legos, playing games and just really having fun with AJ.
On Thanksgiving morning Matt & I went on a long run- it was SOOOO COLD though. 18 degrees! I thought my lungs were going to explode, but I knew I had to do it because I’d be eating the rest of the day! After the run, we hung out during the day and cooked and watched football. Then, that night Kris and Joy came over with the kids and Joy’s mom. We celebrated Thanksgiving with them last year and it’s become such a fun tradition! Maddy and Riley are much older than AJ, but they are both AMAZING with him. He has SUCH a wonderful time. They certainly are entertaining!

As usual, Grandma put on a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. We were all beyond stuffed with awesome turkey, mashed potatoes and all the other fixin’s. AJ’s favorite part was putting olives on his fingers- I guess he really is my kid! :)

Time to prepare for Christmas!

No comments: