Us3

Us3

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Am Exhausted....

AJ is getting to an age where he's just become a real handful. He's a TON of fun most of the time, but he's also just a real challenge other times.

I just don't get the hitting- It's really driving me bonkers! I don't know why he's hitting- I don't hit people. Jason doesn't hit people. It's not something we have taught him. I know that many times kids hit because they don't know how else to express himself, but he's really making me question my parenting skills.

Today we went to the Childrens Museum to play for a bit. I forgot it's Spring Break- that was my first mistake. The place was PACKED! TOO MANY kids. Add to that the fact that AJ hit almost every kid that he came close enough to. Or pushed them. AND he's started pushing him with his hips too! What is going on here?! I literally could not turn my back away for one second, and I had to stand RIGHT next to him so that I could catch his hand mid-swing.

When he does hit- and this isn't an every day occurrance- I of course scold him, tell him no and try to move him in another direction- but he doesn't get it. And now I dread him being around other kids because I just feel like the worst mother ever!

I am exhausted.... Being up at 5:30am two days in a row doesn't help.

1 comment:

The High Family said...

Oh you are NOT alone! Kara is the SAME way!!!!! She is sooo naughtly lately. Your blog post title is exactly what I feel right now. Lack of sleep and frustration is soooooooooo draining. Just remember that this is a phase. You are not a bad parent and he will learn to stop. Just keep doing what you are doing...he will get it eventually. Stay strong mama! :)